• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jermain Carter Highest PFF Panther LB Last Year

SBBlue

Panthers LB Jermaine Carter shares what he learned from Luke Kuechly (msn.com)

"Carter did an excellent job at Kuechly’s former middle linebacker spot last year after Tahir Whitehead was benched starting in Week 11. Carolina’s defense finished the season strong in no small part due to Carter’s efforts."

“Some things Luke taught me, I’d watch TV copies of other teams, pick up the verbiage they were saying, and he taught me so much of that; how to break down film by situations instead of just watching the whole game, like first down one day, third down another. Little things like that I learned from Luke. . . he’s going to be a Hall of Famer; he’s one of the best to ever play”"

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

Or Whitehead. Both of them had terrible PFF scores so saying Carter had the best score of the LBers is basically just saying he was the tallest midget. Carter's score was 66, which is OK, not good. Shaq was under 50, which is bad and Whitehead was around 30, which is "shouldn't be in the NFL" level.

Shaq under 50 is pathetic 

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

Or Whitehead. Both of them had terrible PFF scores so saying Carter had the best score of the LBers is basically just saying he was the tallest midget. Carter's score was 66, which is OK, not good. Shaq was under 50, which is bad and Whitehead was around 30, which is "shouldn't be in the NFL" level.

I'll take it from a 5th round pick - shouldn't be our starter though

• Beer 1

When we grabbed him and that Smith UNC LBer that one year, I was rooting for one to succeed.  Carter looked good and totally capable last season and I think is a great piece to have. 

Our defense stopped getting rolled over/could get teams off the field with Carter in the game (one of many reasons for when they improved). So, considering (a) how much we're in nickel and (b) Perryman's injury bugs, he's in a perfect spot behind Denzel and Shaq in the LB room.  Don't mind that Luvu pickup either.