• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this about us? I’m worried

Peanut Butter

3 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

Dude, he would have made more in the last year of his contract with us than this season and last combined .. what are you talking about

We've been over this.  He asked for a trade.  That is not the same as, I want to play the last year of my contract. 

Mods?

Edited by SBBlue

24 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

Everybody seems to be betting against Cam .. that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do

A Cam with his back against the wall? That’s going to be scary. 

Everyone who thinks the dumb decision to get rid of Cam was the “right” move is going to be very wrong I’m thinking

4E6FD3BB-5F13-4310-8FCE-B167D0B02EC8.png

Cam has moved on. I seriously doubt he thinks much about the panthers anymore. 

1 minute ago, Peanut Butter said:

Dude, he would have made more in the last year of his contract with us than this season and last combined .. what are you talking about

Cam was looking for a new long term contract from the Panthers.  His ability to play an entire season w/his nagging shoulder injury was a legitimate concern for management. 

We had some great years with Cam, but it was time to move on. 

15 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

That's precisely my point.

After more than three months on the open market as a free agent in 2020, Cam agreed to an incentive laden contract in NE.  It wasn't close to the long term "Franchise QB" level contract many fans had anticipated from Carolina earlier that same year. 

In Cam's own words, he wasn't the same player in 2020 that Panthers fans knew from years gone by:

Via his Instagram account on Saturday, Newton said the quarterback the Patriots are paying for is not the same one who spent nine seasons with Carolina.

“What makes this (expletive) different is they ain’t never seen this Cam,” Newton said. “They ain’t never seen him. (Expletive) because you want to know how I know? Because I ain’t never seen him. The forgotten Cam. The (expletive)-on Cam. The tired-of-being-sick-and-tired Cam. Felt like I was just left to die. ‘It’s over with for him. He ain’t the same player.’ I love it. I adore it. I admire it. I want to taste it. Everything about it. You know what I’m saying? Because I ain’t never seen that me.”

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/how-cam-newton-can-earn-645-million-in-incentives-from-the-patriots-in-2020.html

Unfortunately, 2020 didn't help Newton's long term prospects. 

However, if Cam's shoulder has fully recovered, 2021 may finally be his comeback year.  

Time will tell. 

Regardless of outcome, this is no longer about Carolina.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, SBBlue said:

Our decision was not to renew.

"It was their decision. I stuck with it, and I knew that, so I asked for a trade.

Watch him say it here:

this guys is a troll, watch him disappear

Yeab BB doesn’t think he’s abysmal enough for 5 mil while drafting a qb in the first, which I believe is the only time BB has ever done that in his career.

back to cam’s comments about ‘commitment’ and being traded…means what? some sort of cam fanboy code?

acting like this was least year, we’ve seen the results already…yea we know about the excuses, they’ve been on repeat for a decade…but the results. They weren’t good. It was a good move.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And the haters are just fuging sad.

I'm sorry,  laughing at a poster for typing this out "Everybody seems to be betting against Cam .. that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do " is not hating on cam. 

Cam is entering Uncle Rico territory at this point.  He was a great great QB but that was an eternity ago in the NFL

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm sorry,  laughing at a poster for typing this out "Everybody seems to be betting against Cam .. that doesn't seem like a smart thing to do " is not hating on cam. 

Cam is entering Uncle Rico territory at this point.  He was a great great QB but that was an eternity ago in the NFL

If the possibility of seeing people make positive comments regarding our former QB is so triggering for you, you could always just not click on the thread but invariably there you are in every thread about Cam like a moth to a flame.