• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC being CMC

Icege

Oh, and to answer the dumbass question, a simple search like "McCaffrey 2017 highlights" will get you plenty.

Last season may have sucked, but there were still plenty of fun highlights (Jeremy Chinn's two quick touchdowns, for example).

I'm not gonna refrain from enjoying them (or whine like a little b-tch when someone else does) just because it was a losing season.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh, and to answer the dumbass question, a simple search like "McCaffrey 2017 highlights" will get you plenty.

Last season may have sucked, but there were still plenty of fun highlights (Jeremy Chinn's two quick touchdowns, for example).

I'm not gonna refrain from enjoying them (or whine like a little b-tch when someone else does) just because it was a losing season.

Chinn is a beast but we lost that game. Since the season those highlights are from the Panthers have finished third last and third again in their division in consecutive campaigns. Hopefully they aren't sitting around reminiscing over failure as much as some of our fans 🤡

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Do you really think these elite athletes celebrate losing the way ya'll do? 

Uhhh, we won the game in the OP dumbass.

So you came in with a post asking about the season.

Are you suggesting we hold our cheers until the end of the season?

Or are you suggesting that after the season is over, if it isn't a winning season, that we don't celebrate any of W's from that season?

Frank you  always seem to be looking for the L.... you know, like a troll would do.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Chinn is a beast but we lost that game. Since the season those highlights are from the Panthers have finished third last and third again in their division in consecutive campaigns. Hopefully they aren't sitting around reminiscing over failure as much as some of our fans

Well, I don't tend to be a miserable little sh-t about things, so no.

Even though we lost Super Bowl 38, the highlights from it are still fun to watch. Likewise, while the 2015 season ended on an extremely sour note, there are still a lot of really fun clips from that year.

Hell, I'd even watch good highlights  from Super Bowl 50.

(I'm just not sure any actually exist)

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, I don't tend to be a miserable little sh-t about things, so no.

Even though we lost Super Bowl 38, the highlights from it are still fun to watch. Likewise, while the 2015 season ended on an extremely sour note, there are still a lot of really fun clips from that year.

Hell, I'd even watch good highlights  from Super Bowl 50.

(I'm just not sure any actually exist)

You misunderstand my definition of failure. I do not consider a winning season to be failure. The climb is the best part even if you don't reach the ultimate goal. But if you never make the climb what is there to be happy about? It's time for this team to climb again.

9 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Uhhh, we won the game in the OP dumbass.

So you came in with a post asking about the season.

Are you suggesting we hold our cheers until the end of the season?

Or are you suggesting that after the season is over, if it isn't a winning season, that we don't celebrate any of W's from that season?

Frank you  always seem to be looking for the L.... you know, like a troll would do.

If beating the Jaguars is enough for you by all means enjoy that 👍

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You misunderstand my definition of failure. I do not consider a winning season to be failure. The climb is the best part even if you don't reach the ultimate goal. But if you never make the climb what is there to be happy about? It's time for this team to climb again.

And yet you didn't seem to be aware that 2017 was a winning season.

Heh 🤔

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

If beating the Jaguars is enough for you by all means enjoy that 👍

Are you saying we shouldn't enjoy defeating the jags?  

Are you a jags fan Frank?  Is that it?

Are you upset because we beat the jags?

Because you sound like a jag.

Edited by SBBlue

For a player, winning isn't everything.  Archie Manning never had a winning season, yet he was widely considered one of the greatest QB's of his generation.  Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, but is there anyone you'd want on your team more in that era?  Barry Sanders, never won anything of note, but the dude was just ELECTRIC with the ball in his hands.  Calvin Johnson, likewise.  The list goes on.

When you speak of a franchise as a whole, becoming a winning team is important.  But when you're talking about players, greatness is separate.  CMC is a great player, regardless of our success as a franchise.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And yet you didn't seem to be aware that 2017 was a winning season.

Heh 🤔

It's been discussed. Our starting qb was our leading rusher and that was a very significant factor in the team slipping into the postseason at all. This after investing a top ten pick in an offensive playmaker. Ironic that was the beginning of the end.