• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: No movement in Panthers’ talks w/ Taylor Moton

55 minutes ago, frankw said:

I get the logic you are trying to go with but it doesn't compute. We have invested three 1sts and two 2nds in the secondary and defensive line recently. The defense better look improved for that level of cost. Do you remember the last time Carolina drafted an offensive lineman in the first? Jeff Otah in 2008.

Your fixation with the LT position has caused you to miss some really cool things going on right now.

2 years ago this roster was bereft of talent. So much so, folks thought we would be fighting for the #1 pick.

This year? If Sam plays even halfway decent. Most folks think we can compete.

BChris is a day 1 starter. Moton, Miller, and Paradis are as well. Throw in Tremble, and that is a pretty good start. But hey, fixate on the one spot that is still a mess. 

Maybe try looking at some of the good going on here? We really are very close to being a good team. We've got some really talented kids to build around. This new regime has us trending upward. And for a lot of us. We like what the FO is putting down.

It ain't perfect. But it is better run team than we have seen in a long, long time.

Well I'm done. Go fixate with someone else. All this negativity is starting to harsh my mellow.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I get the logic you are trying to go with but it doesn't compute. We have invested three 1sts and two 2nds in the secondary and defensive line recently. The defense better look improved for that level of cost.

Do you remember the last time Carolina drafted an offensive lineman in the first? Jeff Otah in 2008.

I am truly sorry. But that part made me giggle. So thanks for that.

Also, take that last line out, and you would have a post that was almost positive. Then thwack. In comes the hash my mellow part. Why do you always have to bring past Panther moves into every post?

This ain't your daddy's Panthers no more.

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Your fixation with the LT position has caused you to miss some really cool things going on right now.

2 years ago this roster was bereft of talent. So much so, folks thought we would be fighting for the #1 pick.

This year? If Sam plays even halfway decent. Most folks think we can compete.

BChris is a day 1 starter. Moton, Miller, and Paradis are as well. Throw in Tremble, and that is a pretty good start. But hey, fixate on the one spot that is still a mess. 

Maybe try looking at some of the good going on here? We really are very close to being a good team. We've got some really talented kids to build around. This new regime has us trending upward. And for a lot of us. We like what the FO is putting down.

It ain't perfect. But it is better run team than we have seen in a long, long time.

Well I'm done. Go fixate with someone else. All this negativity is starting to harsh my mellow.

BC has the size and potential but they don't even know if he will be a guard or a tackle yet. Paradis is an aging temporary solution who has had struggles staying healthy. Then we brought in Erving who has the same concerns. Moton is the most dependable out of that group. Despite what some are saying the tag is not a real solution. Best case scenario is he moves to the left spot and they pay him accordingly. No one is fixated on you it is the other way around. If you don't want to hear things that could burst your bubble avoid the quote button then. People are going to have opinions about the offensive line and it is not going to be sunshine and rainbows until the team invests better.

There's pretty much no excuse by now. He's the only great Olineman we have. The Panthers have been notorious for not being able to field a continuous  good oline for a long time .

What not re signing moton and not prioritizing  oline in a draft that was absolutely  stacked with talent , tells me the current staff thinks they can just cobble together a bunch  of poorly performing or oft injured cast aways from numerous different  teams and  somehow make it work while relying more  on their skill position players and coaching. 

If we have a predictable  poo show at oline next year ? Wouldn't be surprised  but it's 100% the staffs fault for not putting enough effort into fixing it. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

BC has the size and potential but they don't even know if he will be a guard or a tackle yet. Paradis is an aging temporary solution who has had struggles staying healthy. Then we brought in Erving who has the same concerns. Moton is the most dependable out of that group. Despite what some are saying the tag is not a real solution. Best case scenario is he moves to the left spot and they pay him accordingly. No one is fixated on you it is the other way around. If you don't want to hear things that could burst your bubble avoid the quote button then. People are going to have opinions about the offensive line and it is not going to be sunshine and rainbows until the team invests better.

He is 31 and started 16 games both of the last 2 seasons. In fact, he has started 16 games a season since he was drafted in 2015 except for 2018 when he only started 9 when he was injured. That is 89 starts in 6 years. True, he was not fully healthy his first year as a Panther and it showed but he started every game. He was healthier and greatly improved, yes I said greatly, last year. 

Edited by mccjeff
  • Beer 1

Last minute deals do happen. I remember the offseason they thought they were going to have to choose between tagging Jordan Gross and Julius Peppers. A last minute deal got done with Gross and Peppers wound up tagged.

That said, I don't think too many people's expectations of a deal getting done are high at this point.

And if I'm being honest, mine aren't either.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Your entire post history the last few weeks has been all about LT. And I'm the one fixated. LOL I don't think you understand how this works.

So now you are making things up. Paradis played well last year, as did Miller. Teamed with Moton, the right side of our line we pretty good last year. Stick with harping over the LT spot. Cuz you seem to miss the point on anything else.

If you want to talk about anything other than LT hit me up. Otherwise, don't quote me. I am done with your continued whining about how bad we have it. And we haven't even hit Training Camp yet. Sheesh.

That second bolded one is kinda hurtful. 

He had a hell of a day v Cincinnati a few years ago. I’ve been digging into his tape over the past couple of nights. I wanted to review this one first, because I remember being there and watching him doing everything right. I think it’s a decent idea to try to keep him around long-term. I know you can’t keep them all, but he’s a cornerstone guy in my opinion.
Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2

You had Gnatt, a media member with his checks signed by the Panthers saying Moton is “objectively” not as good as ryan ramczyk 😐. I cant say I have really broke down the film on Ryan but I don’t see there being much of a difference outside of all pro selections… which I think weighted against importance to the team shouldn’t be the deciding factor in these talks…pay Taylor man

Edited by Your GFs favorite huddler

1 hour ago, mccjeff said:

He is 31 and started 16 games both of the last 2 seasons. In fact, he has started 16 games a season since he was drafted in 2015 except for 2018 when he only started 9 when he was injured. That is 89 starts in 6 years. True, he was not fully healthy his first year as a Panther and it showed but he started every game. He was healthier and greatly improved, yes I said greatly, last year. 

I don't see him as an issue or a weak link in the grand scheme. Looking at pff which is obviously loved or despised here based on which way the wind blows says he is not the same player he was in Denver. For where we are now that's okay he is serviceable for our needs. But it is a 17 game season so it is simply being realistic to point out he has missed time in the past.

39 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Your entire post history the last few weeks has been all about LT

Carolina does not have an established left tackle penciled in as the starter currently and we traded for a young quarterback seeking to shake draft bust status after being rattled in ny. Yes left tackle is going to be a focal point right now for quite a few folks until we get some answers from camp and we hear more news about TM. If you struggle to reconcile with that maybe unplug.

12 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

You had Gnatt, a media member with his checks signed by the Panthers saying Moton is “objectively” not as good as ryan ramczyk 😐. I cant say I have really broke down the film on Ryan but I don’t see there being much of a difference outside of all pro selections… which I think weighted against importance to the team shouldn’t be the deciding factor in these talks…pay Taylor man

Taylor is tremendous, and so is Ryan. I don’t think there is too wide of a gap between those guys, when you put on the tape. But I like Gantt, and he does speak from the heart.

He’s here this year on the franchise, and I wouldn’t be shocked if the team feels a little liberated that they can groom Brady Christiansen into that role on a rookie deal.

Of course, there are no guarantees about that, and that might not even be the plan. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s crossed their mind.

• Pie 1