• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: No movement in Panthers’ talks w/ Taylor Moton

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Maybe try looking at some of the good going on here? We really are very close to being a good team. We've got some really talented kids to build around. This new regime has us trending upward. And for a lot of us. We like what the FO is putting down.

This is one of my biggest takeaways seeing how this team is progressing. There is a more clear plan and idea to what the Panthers are wishing to do and a seemingly better process for it. 

So much young potential talent surrounded by coaches and a front office with a vision. This isn't Hurney and Rivera ball anymore. This is a team looking to compete in the near future and strike.

I am very optimistic with this group. Improvement is the step I want to see this team take for now. I wouldn't even missing the playoffs as a negative as long as this team proves it is more functional and cohesive as a group bursting with potential.

A clear upward trend towards the better and I am satisfied.

• Beer 1

Franchising Moton for a second year in a row will run the team $16.5M

If he's looking for a 5yr/$85M+ type deal I can see the team taking him this season and next on the tag and looking for contingency options to cover themselves in case he gets hurt or wants out of Carolina.

Rly hoping he signs long term but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than expected 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

This is one of my biggest takeaways seeing how this team is progressing. There is a more clear plan and idea to what the Panthers are wishing to do and a seemingly better process for it. 

So much young potential talent surrounded by coaches and a front office with a vision. This isn't Hurney and Rivera ball anymore. This is a team looking to compete in the near future and strike.

I am very optimistic with this group. Improvement is the step I want to see this team take for now. I wouldn't even missing the playoffs as a negative as long as this team proves it is more functional and cohesive as a group bursting with potential.

Aspects of the team are trending upward such as the defense and weapons we have now but offensive line remains the question mark. Even mediocre Teddy Bridgewater made the oline look better than it was with his surprising mobility. That same noodle arm quarterback helped get his team in the playoffs with the Saints. Do you think their line had anything to do with him looking competent and the Panthers buying into his fools gold as a starter? Meanwhile Sam Darnold is still waiting to find out who will be his starting left tackle🤦‍♂️

43 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I pied you for hanging in as long as you did.

Folks were homers about things during the Hurney and Gettleman days too quelling dissention and criticism is nothing new. But if things don't go our way as expected the same people will be crying foul in the fall and act like they never saw it coming 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Folks were homers about things during the Hurney and Gettleman days too quelling dissention and criticism is nothing new. But if things don't go our way as expected the same people will be crying foul in the fall and act like they never saw it coming 🤷‍♂️

Calm down.  You're not leading a revolution.  You're blowing off steam and whining on a message board.

We don't know if Christiansen will be a stud LT after a season or two.  We don't know if the rookie guards will be keepers.  We don't know if Paradis will get hurt this year or not.  We don't know if Elflein and Irving will be better in our zone blocking scheme.  We don't know if Darnold will meet his initial draft expectations.  We don't know if Moton is worth 5 years, $100 million. 

We don't know any of these things.  It will be years before we find out.  Why get so worked up and panicky?

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Calm down.  You're not leading a revolution.  You're blowing off steam and whining on a message board.

We don't know if Christiansen will be a stud LT after a season or two.  We don't know if the rookie guards will be keepers.  We don't know if Paradis will get hurt this year or not.  We don't know if Elflein and Irving will be better in our zone blocking scheme.  We don't know if Darnold will meet his initial draft expectations.  We don't know if Moton is worth 5 years, $100 million. 

We don't know any of these things.  It will be years before we find out.  Why get so worked up and panicky?

You had it right the first time with just blowing off steam that's all this place is where lines get blurred is when differing opinions become overly personal. This year is no different than years past there has always been much talk about the oline and when the same concerns loom large that will dominate the dialogue. If BC is now being talked about as the left tackle that is news to me. Last I heard they were talking about possibly guard. The whole reason for drafting him and the rejoice was for his abilities as a tackle. I have little faith in a castoff from multiple teams with injury concerns holding down the left spot.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:46 AM, panthers55 said:

Only if you apply the exclusive tag and again that has only happened a few times in league history and isn't going to happen here...

If they can't come to terms on a multi-year deal they will absolutely tag him again and I'd fully expect it to be exclusive in nature. 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:46 AM, panthers55 said:

Plus Le'Veon Bell sat out recently so 0% is an opinion and not fact at all.

How'd that work out for him?  L. Bell is an unstable idiot -- Moton is not.  To project how Moton is going to behave based on an what moron like Bell stupidly did is a complete joke.

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

There are a bunch of us here in Pantherland who are excited for what lies ahead. We can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Feels good to have a brain trust we can actually trust.

I know that we still have a hill to climb. But man, it feels good knowing we are being lead by folks who look to actually be competent. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Savoir Faire said:

Tagging a third time is 144%.  So basically, we'd could have him for 3 more years and pay about the same thing ramczyk is going to get, maybe a titch more. 

We would wind up paying him, if we franchise him 3 times, approx 52mil. So about 17mil a year. Not bad. The question becomes, how is Moton going to handle being tagged 3 times? I can't even venture a guess.