• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: No movement in Panthers’ talks w/ Taylor Moton

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Does the business you work for allow you to set your own pay level?

...I'm looking for the Panthers to acquire a lot (not all!) of the hard-line "this is serious business" (both in the front office & on the field) no-holds-barred traits that have defined the Patriots for years now --- said traits are the baseline for their astounding success over the long-term.

The Patriots don't ever cave to player demands and rarely if ever hand out crappy contracts that are unfriendly to the team

Well Moton just got 43 million guaranteed 🤷‍♂️

Just like I said he would be signed long term. Hundreds of posts debating a 2nd and third tagging for nothing. Now what do we bitch about? He isn't playing left tackle so he is way overpaid? Or we can bitch about the terms or the guaranteed money? Personally I am going to enjoy we locked him up. After all it isn't my money, why should I care. NO has proven the cap can be manipulated very easily.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Hundreds of posts debating a 2nd and third tagging for nothing.

The debate was vigorous and had merit, clearly lost on you.

The no-spine crowd wanted to pay him Ramszyck money++ and that absolutely did not happen...

...why?

Because Tepper & Co. held the line and made it clear any and all tags would be exercised until the cows came home...

...the Moton camp got the message and caved. 

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The debate was vigorous and had merit, clearly lost on you.

The no-spine crowd wanted to pay him Ramszyck money++ and that absolutely did not happen...

...why?

Because Tepper & Co. held the line and made it clear any and all tags would be exercised until the cows came home...

...the Moton camp got the message and caved. 

Another failed analysis on your part as usual.  As I and many others said he was going to be signed long term  and tagging a player multiple times wasn't even a thought. And you are wrong that Moton didn't get what he wanted. He was very willing to play under the tag and take his chances next year so the Psnthers wisely used that and made the contract an extension instead of replacing the franchise tag. Moton got his 13 million plus guaranteed this year and another 43 million for the contract for a total of almost 57 million fully guaranteed which is more for example than Ramszyck got which is only 43 million fully guaranteed. Some of the 60 million of his reported guaranteed money is only guaranteed for injury or if he is still playing.   The Panthers got a 5 year deal and fronted much of the guaranteed money so the dead cap in the last 2 years is manageable.  His contract makes him the 8th highest paid tackle in the league by average salary. He was ranked the 9th best tackle in football in 2020 so it was a fair contract. PFF thought it might be somewhat of an overpay. But it appears a win - win for both sides. No one caved and no one was threatening multiple tags but you.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-carolina-panthers-taylor-moton-franchise-tag-4-year-72m-deal-contract-extension

It is okay to admit you were wrong and let it go instead of going back and forth over a moot point now that he is signed longterm. But since you can't stop or admit you were wrong let me help. I won't be responding because now you are acting like a troll and we all know to not feed the trolls.

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

His contract makes him the 8th highest paid tackle in the league by average salary.

You can be assured going into the negotiation his sights were set on being higher than "8th highest paid" -- and thank goodness the team conducted a rigorous negotiation and didn't "just pay the man" like you and so many others wanted them to do.

He was very willing to play under the tag and take his chances next year...

Clearly that's false.

But it appears a win - win for both sides.

Agree.

No one caved and no one was threatening multiple tags but you. 

Disagree.

Moton's camp absolutely caved and I am certain the team made it clear they'd keep on tagging him if he didn't agree to terms...

...now I can't prove that, just as you can't prove they didn't...

...res ipsa loquitur.

PS...letting Moton's camp know the team will use the tags available to them isn't a "threat" --- it's simply the polite thing to do so Moton & Co. can evaluate and negotiate accordingly --- clearly the triple-tag wasn't appealing to Moton & Co. so they took the offer.