• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BR's list of most overpaid players on every team

ladypanther

7 minutes ago, Icege said:

Shaq is more than a decent LB. He's a very good LB that doesn't have to be downplayed to criticize a contract given by a GM with a history of overpaying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he was very good no one would have an issue with the contract. As a starter, he's basically a JAG. He's not a liability but he's not a difference maker either. He checks a box. You have to reserve the big cap space contract for the difference makers. 

Just now, onmyown said:

This oline isn’t Moton away from competing. If he isn’t signed to be here long term the Panthers need to trade him, preferably this year.

For what? Good starting OTs are the hardest OL pieces to find. It would be tough to get enough in return to justify the hole it would create. I'd feel very differently if we had quality young depth behind him, but we don't even know who's going to play opposite him much less behind him.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For what? Good starting OTs are the hardest OL pieces to find. It would be tough to get enough in return to justify the hole it would create. I'd feel very differently if we had quality young depth behind him, but we don't even know who's going to play opposite him much less behind him.

Does it matter? That hole will be there if he doesn’t plan to sign long term. And you’re talking a hole on a team that will not competing anytime soon.

We could waste 30 million the next two years on a solid 1/5 player on the oline not competing anyways and then still have that hole.

Or tag and trade and save that money at least one year and get a first pick.

I’m looking more into the future. With Paradis gone next year, tagging Moton just to play in a irrelevant garbage pile won’t matter.

This is of course based on the fact he does not want to sign long term here. Panthers tend to struggle historically getting anything for these guys, letting walk. However I’m on board with signing him long term.

Overpaid is too vague of a term. I don't see how Erving is a logical choice regardless though. It depends on what it would cost to move on if need be. If the dead cap is very steep but you can survive without them on the field there is your answer. People here mean well but they can't see past the personal attachment they have formed. Lessons have clearly not been learned since we moved on from the last Panthers franchise quarterback.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Does it matter? That hole will be there if he doesn’t plan to sign long term. And you’re talking a hole on a team that will not competing anytime soon.

We could waste 30 million the next two years on a solid 1/5 player on the oline not competing anyways and then still have that hole.

Or tag and trade and save that money at least one year and get a first pick.

I’m looking more into the future. With Paradis gone next year, tagging Moton just to play in a irrelevant garbage pile won’t matter.

This is of course based on the fact he does not want to sign long term here. Panthers tend to struggle historically getting anything for these guys, letting walk. However I’m on board with signing him long term.

We could be an OL away from competing IF this staff and front office are correct on Darnold. Safe to say I have my doubts about that. But this D is close and the offensive play makers are ready.

45 minutes ago, Icege said:

Shaq is more than a decent LB. He's a very good LB that doesn't have to be downplayed to criticize a contract given by a GM with a history of overpaying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think you can find many, if any, folks that like that contract. But by the way some folks talk, half, if not more, of this board like it. Just one of the many "Facts" about Shaq that are based in opinion.

"He's just a jag, solid backup or STer at best, Shaq isn't tough enough, Shaq can't cover, Shaq is no TD, didn't live up to his #1 draft position, or my favorite "He never passed my eye test", and on, and on it goes.?

In the Jermain Carter thread, you put together a great rundown on what Shaq brings to the table. Do you think folks paid any attention to that? Heck no, that goes against their preconceived notions.

To too many folks. Shaq's contract bad, which automatically makes Shaq bad. 

It truly appears that to the Huddle, opinion means more than facts.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I don't think you can find many, if any, folks that like that contract. But by the way some folks talk, half, if not more, of this board like it. Just one of the many "Facts" about Shaq that are based in opinion.

"He's just a jag, solid backup or STer at best, Shaq isn't tough enough, Shaq can't cover, Shaq is no TD, didn't live up to his #1 draft position, or my favorite "He never passed my eye test", and on, and on it goes.?

In the Jermain Carter thread, you put together a great rundown on what Shaq brings to the table. Do you think folks paid any attention to that? Heck no, that goes against their preconceived notions.

To too many folks. Shaq's contract bad, which automatically makes Shaq bad. 

It truly appears that to the Huddle, opinion means more than facts.

It seems some people are just sensitive and try to put words in other people's mouths when they should probably instead focus more on the barely comprehensible jumble of word vomit they're typing.

21 minutes ago, onmyown said:

This oline isn’t Moton away from competing. If he isn’t signed to be here long term the Panthers need to trade him, preferably this year.

See, this is the Huddle in a nutshell. Make a broad sweeping pronouncement, without a hint of facts to back it up.

This line hasn't even practiced together. And you are already calling it. With zero of the Precincts in, we are calling it a loss for the Panthers.

Paradis, Miller, and Moton played pretty well last year. Throw BChris at LG, and let the rest fight for LT. Throw in Tremble, and we may be able to go to war with that group. It is far from over, even if YOU happen to think it is.

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

See, this is the Huddle in a nutshell. Make a broad sweeping pronouncement, without a hint of facts to back it up.

This line hasn't even practiced together. And you are already calling it. With zero of the Precincts in, we are calling it a loss for the Panthers.

Paradis, Miller, and Moton played pretty well last year. Throw BChris at LG, and let the rest fight for LT. Throw in Tremble, and we may be able to go to war with that group. It is far from over, even if YOU happen to think it is.

The facts need to be laid out for you? These players have a history and it’s not starting caliber compared to the rest of the NFL. Paradis will be gone next year and he and Miller did not play well, he played average. All spots on the line have a history of below average play except Moton.

You’re saying get a group of below average players and a rookies together and assume they’ll gel all while fighting for the LT spot and all of a sudden they’ll become serviceable is more sweeping statement based on nothing that saying it appears based on their history of below average play their play will be below average.  

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seems some people are just sensitive and try to put words in other people's mouths when they should probably instead focus more on the barely comprehensible jumble of word vomit they're typing.

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. How about adding oh I don't know, maybe some actual content? I mean, other than Shaq contract bad, so Shaq bad. 

I have an idea. Why don't you read what @Icegewrote about Shaq. It's on page 2 of the Jermain Carter thread. Maybe try educating yourself. Nah, that ain't your style.

I have been on this board for approx 13years. And I try my best to not give ill will towards anyone. But you and your ilk, who jump into threads throwing shade at posts, really have made it difficult. You act like your shitt don't stink. Well buddy, your shitt does stink.

There are only like 2 dozen regular fans left on this board. And it is because of you and your ilk driving them away with your snark, and ego driven posts, filled with holier than thou attitudes.

Hellz, the Trolls are at least entertaining. 

• Flames 1

The value of Erving's contract is very much TBD. He's similar to Kalil and Oher in that he's a former 1st round pick that hasn't lived up to billing but we're hoping in a new environment, he can be a serviceable LT. If he does become that, similar to Oher, his contract will be a bargain. If he's the 2nd coming of Kalil, well at least it's not a 5 year, $55 million contract. If he is what he's always been, a versatile backup that can plug and play for a few games but you're hoping you aren't counting on him as a 16 game starter, then it's a modest overpay, where you'd probably expect to pay more like 2 years, $5-6 million. Doesn't strike me as worthy of worst contract status. But that could reflect the fact that we've cut bait with most of the dead weight.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1