• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Was The Panthers Worst Move This Off Season/

KatsAzz

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't think of any move that was made which I'd find dumber than trying to predict the success of the moves we made before the team even plays a down.

Then why are you on a football forum? 

There is nothing wrong with fans having an opinion of what they would have done differently.  

Are you truly happy with how we addressed LT this year? It’s ok to have an opinion.

Would you have drafted Horn? From reading your post I’m guessing no.  My money is on you wanting Slater, but it’s like you are afraid to go out on a limb. 

I probably would have took Fields in the first and Rudinez in the second, that might look really stupid in a year, so what.

• Pie 9

Most of the moves made sense.

Would we like to get an All Pro during FA at LT?  Sure, just that there weren't that many to choose from with our budget.  Temper the "bad move" stuff with "other options" or you are not really talking about bad moves.  Bad means there was a good move we did not make.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Schroedinger's LT.  We won't know until about the middle of training camp whether we got Oher or Khalil.  As of right now, both outcomes are equally likely.

Yea and if Oher is his ceiling, that’s a problem as well. We need a legit LT pronto 

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea and if Oher is his ceiling, that’s a problem as well. We need a legit LT pronto 

I'll be honest.  I'll gladly take Oher caliber LT play for 17 games in 2021 if we can get it.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Then why are you on a football forum? 

There is nothing wrong with fans having an opinion of what they would have done differently.  

Are you truly happy with how we addressed LT this year? It’s ok to have an opinion.

Would you have drafted Horn? From reading your post I’m guessing no.  My money is on you wanting Slater, but it’s like you are afraid to go out on a limb. 

I probably would have took Fields in the first and Rudinez in the second, that might look really stupid in a year, so what.

I wouldn't really consider yahoo sports as a Panthers fan post. I think it's too early to call as far as best/worst moves go. 

If Darnold balls out and Irving works at LT, taking Horn will look amazing as long as he works out. 

I'm not sure I would have taken Fields at 8 if he's the 4th qb on your board. I know the value of the position, but if the coaches aren't sold on him, and they sure have watched a lot more game tape than me, I'm ok with that. 

I would have liked to have seen a more direct effort to address LT. I wasn't happy about Irving on day 1 of FA when there were going to be other guys available or too much about trading back in 2 to add picks. I get the overall value perspective, but I would have liked to address one of our biggest questions with a rookie on the cheap that could grow into starter by mid season.