• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Was The Panthers Worst Move This Off Season/

KatsAzz

4 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Then why are you on a football forum? 

There is nothing wrong with fans having an opinion of what they would have done differently.  

Are you truly happy with how we addressed LT this year? It’s ok to have an opinion.

Would you have drafted Horn? From reading your post I’m guessing no.  My money is on you wanting Slater, but it’s like you are afraid to go out on a limb. 

I probably would have took Fields in the first and Rudinez in the second, that might look really stupid in a year, so what.

I'm on a football forum to discuss football, but that doesn't change the fact that some discussions are stupid.

I know it's a big deal these days for people to act like Jim Rome, make their "bold prediction" so they can come back later and say "see, I nailed it" (or act like they never said it if it turns out to have been a dumbass idea) but that kind of silly sh-t doesn't interest me.

I have ideas about what was good and what wasn't, but just like everyone else's they're just educated guesses (though truthfully, "educated" isn't a word that applies to every poster's ideas). There are times when I might feel like discussing those, but generally I don't see the point.

So basically, it's not so much "afraid to go out on a limb" as it is not giving a sh-t about going out on a limb because I don't have anything to prove to anybody.

Also, I'd like to see alternative ideas to those you all considered worse. I mean after the Watson allegations, we couldn't go after him. Did you want another year of Bridgewater? We also needed oline depth. I don't see the problem with these moves.

Edited by KillerKat

I mean TB hasn’t played one snap of the 2021 season and no body seemed to want him and predicted he’d be bad without even seeing him practice this year.

That logic is dumb.

Jesus people sometimes it’s ok to be skeptical when players have been garbage their whole careers.

• Beer 1

I don't think it was a bad off season move but the second round trade down gave me pause.  I love the Tommy Tremble and Terrace Marshall picks and they can make this trade work.  But I did like Liam as a tackle.  If the left tackle gambles in free agency don't pan out it could cause a whole avalanche of issues.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm on a football forum to discuss football, but that doesn't change the fact that some discussions are stupid.

I know it's a big deal these days for people to act like Jim Rome, make their "bold prediction" so they can come back later and say "see, I nailed it" (or act like they never said it if it turns out to have been a dumbass idea) but that kind of silly sh-t doesn't interest me.

I have ideas about what was good and what wasn't, but just like everyone else's they're just educated guesses (though truthfully, "educated" isn't a word that applies to every poster's ideas). There are times when I might feel like discussing those, but generally I don't see the point.

So basically, it's not so much "afraid to go out on a limb" as it is not giving a sh-t about going out on a limb because I don't have anything to prove to anybody.

How does one accumulate nearly 110k posts without offering any semblance of their own personal opinion on anything?

• Flames 4

Sleeper move is shaq restructure. Makes it way harder to cut him and it’s a mystery why he’s paid so highly. Had an out looming… now we don’t. Obvious answers are signing 2 trash OL for 10m+. Especially with better options sprouting up post cuts. This offseason was eons better than the last tho

I still have a feeling either Elf or Erving are going to be low key solid/good for us this year. If they do turn out to be offseason regrets, they don’t hamper the salary cap too much. All things considered it was a solid offseason with our cap looking good in the near future. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Could be worse. I could offer really stupid opinions...

...like yours.

There is plenty of stupidity online. This is all tame and harmless. Even the slapfights. One day you'll work up the courage to form a real opinion. I have faith in you big guy! 👍

I still think this dude is 6th man.  First off the bench, can perform spot duty at multiple positions.  Can even start a game or two when needed.  Injuries make him a better part time player than full.

Our worst move is the one we didn’t/couldn’t make.  LT being such a question going into camp having a new QB with Post Traumatic Sack Disorder is not, ideal.