• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Was The Panthers Worst Move This Off Season/

KatsAzz

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't see any such vibe at all.

Both Rhule and Fitterer were known to have been high on Darnold when he was draft eligible. That, plus they did a pretty thorough job of scouting him.

I think the only reason people see it as a panic move or as a last resort is because their own opinion of Darnold is bad, but you have to remember they don't necessarily see players the way fans do.

Whether they'll wind up being right or wrong about him is a separate question, but I don't have any doubt that this was a choice they made not out of desperation or panic.

I think it was the whole missing on Stafford, plus rumors of Watson, and then all the allegations at Watson made that no longer possible, and the Niners trading the farm to get pick 3 meaning 1-3 will certainly be QBs now with some of the 4 picks above us being available for a premium. It was like right after all of that we traded for him. I know they were “high” on him for a while yet they dragged their feet on a future 2nd for him. It just doesn’t add up on my book. I understand they might not be high on Fields, but I still think they panicked a little with Darnold.

The good news is he is very young and still pretty raw with some athletic talent. Let’s hope Brady can show why he is regarded as a top young OC. Not to mention I see a lot of analysts liking the move. It will definitely make for an exciting year!

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is a stupid take, and so is this one.

The Panthers weren't interested in Lance because they felt he didn't fit Brady's offense. That's why they didn't bother to go to the second workout.

As to Rhule, I don't know if he's a genius yet. I do know PJ Walker is not an NFL quarterback though.

What would PJ have to accomplish in order for YOU to view him as a QB? 

Since winning games clearly isn't an option in your opinion. 

I actually like that you would go "out on a limb" and say that to be honest. So optimist over Darnold but pessimist when it comes to PJ...

Edited by CPsinceDay1

7 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

What would PJ have to accomplish in order for YOU to view him as a QB? 

Since winning games clearly isn't an option in your opinion. 

I actually like that you would go "out on a limb" and say that to be honest. So optimist over Darnold but pessimist when it comes to PJ...

Not throw only 5 completions and 3 INTs against the Saints. PJ isn’t our answer at QB. I’m not sure he really belongs in the NFL…

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Not throw only 5 completions and 3 INTs against the Saints. PJ isn’t our answer at QB. I’m not sure he really belongs in the NFL…

Down 19-7 late 3rd

He started out 0/5 because him and the Wrs weren't on the same page. He was trying to make a comeback, they were trying to go home...

1st int right in Samuel's hands, can't hold on, slips into defender's hands....

26-7...

3rd and 10...Anderson ran the wrong route instead he ran towards the middle of the field. 

I watch this game live and I saw the WRs getting yelled at on the sidelines for slacking but PJ still under the conditions did better than expected.

2nd int blitz came, no protection, trying to do to much, easy to just throw the ball away(something that can be taught)

3rd int hail mary type play at the end of the game....

but in between the numbers, the accuracy shown at times, from soft to bullet passes, and the ability to extend with his legs...

I watch this game live and I saw the WRs getting yelled at on the sidelines for slacking but PJ still under the conditions did better than expected.

There's an extra spark to the offense that i think the rest of the team wasn't use to, ala the lions game...after halftime they started to click...

This full off-season preparation, and guys getting familiar with his style of play is going to pay off big time, watch and see, and you're going be praising him to anyone who'll listen offline because on here, you were just another hater that got exposed....

Saints vs. Panthers Week 17 Highlights | NFL 2020 - YouTube

6:36 PJ's first int

8:20 after the coaches talk to the Wrs on the sidelines...

2 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Down 19-7 late 3rd

He started out 0/5 because him and the Wrs weren't on the same page. He was trying to make a comeback, they were trying to go home...

1st int right in Samuel's hands, can't hold on, slips into defender's hands....

26-7...

3rd and 10...Anderson ran the wrong route instead he ran towards the middle of the field. 

2nd int blitz came, no protection, trying to do to much, easy to just throw the ball away(something that can be taught)

3rd int hail mary type play at the end of the game....

but in between the numbers, the accuracy shown at times, from soft to bullet passes, and the ability to extend with his legs...

There's an extra spark to the offense that i think the rest of the team wasn't use to, ala the lions game...after halftime they started to click...

This full off-season preparation, and guys getting familiar with his style of play is going to pay off big time, watch and see, and you're going be praising him to anyone who'll listen offline because on here, you were just another hater that got exposed....

Saints vs. Panthers Week 17 Highlights | NFL 2020 - YouTube

6:36 PJ's first int

8:20 after the coaches talk to the Wrs on the sidelines...

woops-a.gif.8eff83b068be11b32b614428db7a96c3.gif

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now this is a stupid take. But then you've got a long standing pattern of spending more time talking about me than actually talking about football, so...no shock.

A "stupid take" that a lot of people apparently agree with lol.  If you see a criticism of you that is shared by several people, it would be wise to treat this as an opportunity for introspection.  Instead, you choose to be dismissive and lash out.  I'm just trying to help your character development for Season 16.

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

A "stupid take" that a lot of people apparently agree with lol.  If you see a criticism of you that is shared by several people, it would be wise to treat this as an opportunity for introspection.  Instead, you choose to be dismissive and lash out.  I'm just trying to help your character development for Season 16.

You're not that important to me, dude 😄