• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heads up for Phizer vaccine takers

RenoCarolina

My wife got both Pfizer shots this spring and I got a Johnson and Johnson shot so we felt it was safe to travel in RV to visit family.  We drove last week to Branson Missouri to visit her parents and we took a lot of precautions with them but did go out to dinner and to their church.   After leaving there and hitting up an RV campsite in Arkansas so I could ride the awesome mountain bike trails there my wife started feeling crappy and at the same time we saw on the news that Biden had sent a task force to Springfield Missouri and that separately, Pfizer had announced they would provide a booster shot (which was interestingly immediately answered by the CDC as not necessary?)

Friday morning she tested positive and I tested negative. She went to the hospital and they provided monoclonal treatment and did not admit her but we packed up and I drove 18 hours straight back home to quarantine. I just did another self test and I am negative but I wanted to let everybody know that took the Pfizer shotsWhat has happened to us because I think they are crap! LOL. She is doing fine and quarantining on the beach is not terrible but really trying to learn more why the CDC says a booster shot is not necessary

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Sorry to hear that.  Did they get Delta variant by any chance?  I heard you can still get Delta variant even with COVID shot.  The recovery is just much faster.

She just finished televisit with Doc and he is certain it is Delta based on our location at onset of symptoms. He defended the Pfizer vaccine though by saying only 8-10 % of those vaccinated with it have gotten any form of Covid.  I wasn’t there to ask if that was the same % of J&J.  Still trying to find out more info on if “booster” is needed.  Bottom line though is let’s hope outbreak is confined and that those exposed complete their quarantine.  More than ready to be done with this “fake” outbreak. (Sarcasm alert)

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My entire family (11 of us including sisters, grandparents, nieces and nephews) got vaccinated.  5 got Pfizer, 1 got Moderma, 5 got Johnson and Johnson.  They all worked like a charm.  

good job!

I would caution those that took Pfizer to keep wearing masks and socially distance!

• Pie 1

You understand none of the vaccines 100% keep you from getting covid right? One round of Pfizer and moderna is actually more effective then the single j&j shot. What they do is make sure you don't die or need to go to the hospital if you do get it. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

She just finished televisit with Doc and he is certain it is Delta based on our location at onset of symptoms. He defended the Pfizer vaccine though by saying only 8-10 % of those vaccinated with it have gotten any form of Covid.  I wasn’t there to ask if that was the same % of J&J.  Still trying to find out more info on if “booster” is needed.  Bottom line though is let’s hope outbreak is confined and that those exposed complete their quarantine.  More than ready to be done with this “fake” outbreak. (Sarcasm alert)

From what I've read Pfizer and moderna are about 80% effective after 1 dose. 92-94% after two. J&j is about 66% in trials

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, toldozer said:

You understand none of the vaccines 100% keep you from getting covid right? One round of Pfizer and moderna is actually more effective then the single j&j shot. What they do is make sure you don't die or need to go to the hospital if you do get it. 

Yes.  I am not a doctor or a mathematician but I can grasp that concept.

But my single J&J dose stood up against all Branson had to offer even as I let my precautions lapse.  I typed OP from WalGreens parking lot as I was waiting on my self test to show negative again.  

Right after my wife tested positive Pfizer says they are going to put out a booster shot, immediately after the CDC contradicts the manufacturer.  Very odd.