• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heads up for Phizer vaccine takers

RenoCarolina

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's not at all what that says. Spreads FROM vaccinated people as readily, not TO. Breakthrough cases are still uncommon and the vaccines are proving to do a great job of preventing serious illness in those breakthrough cases. All they're saying is that the individuals with breakthrough cases are just as contagious as the unvaccinated. Meanwhile, the percentage of COVID patients in hospitals that are unvaccinated are very near the 100% mark. That's a far cry from "useless".

@Ja Rhule I already broke this down for you. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You seriously think that says that the vaccines don't prevent COVID infection? You're really sticking with that? 

Someone's stubborn alright...

Go read the article again dude.  Same rate between vaccinated and unvaccinated.  “Same rate”.  I’m done here.

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

Go read the article again dude.  Same rate between vaccinated and unvaccinated.  “Same rate”.  I’m done here.

Same rate FROM, not TO. Like I said, breakthrough cases are still fairly uncommon. But those breakthrough cases are proving to be just as contagious TO others as unvaccinated cases. I'm honestly not sure what part of this is giving you trouble. It seems really easy to understand. And you statement about the vaccines being worthless was just blatantly false seeing that virtually everyone actually hospitalized with COVID is unvaccinated. Preventing serious illness is definitely not worthless.

@Fryfan, do you want to have a go at this? I'm at a loss.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Same rate FROM, not TO. Like I said, breakthrough cases are still fairly uncommon. But those breakthrough cases are proving to be just as contagious TO others as unvaccinated cases. I'm honestly not sure what part of this is giving you trouble. It seems really easy to understand. And you statement about the vaccines being worthless was just blatantly false seeing that virtually everyone actually hospitalized with COVID is unvaccinated. Preventing serious illness is definitely not worthless.

@Fryfan, do you want to have a go at this? I'm at a loss.

Ok, I think I see the point you are making.  Makes sense.  Lack of sleep this week.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

You're mistaken here. It very clearly indicates that vaccinated people who contract it are as contagious, which is independent of the fact that vaccinated people contract it at a much lower rate.

For example:

Hirsh pointed to data released last week on breakthrough infections by the state Department of Public Health, which he called “an incredible testament to how effective the vaccines are.” Fewer than 4,500 people tested positive for COVID-19, among the 4.3 million in the state who have been vaccinated, a breakthrough infection rate of one-tenth of 1 percent.

“And none of those people are going to the hospital,” Hirsh said. “They’re all presenting either with cold symptoms and getting checked and finding out they’re positive, or through contact tracing or because they wanted to travel and got tested.”

“So, breakthrough infections are exceedingly rare, and vaccines are definitely keeping people out of the hospital,” said Hirsh. “But the unvaccinated in a sea of Delta variant: Those are the ones who are getting admitted.”

https://www.umassmed.edu/news/news-archives/2021/07/delta-variant-spurring-uptick-in-covid-19-cases-largely-in-unvaccinated/