• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Back-to-back +1,200 yard seasons despite having FIVE different starting QBs

SBBlue

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Ridley would have been just fine as well...hes a great player in his own right, but I am very happy with DJ.  He just need to find the end zone more and he will start to get that national love. 

Yea, I think that Ridley is very good as well.

Glad DJ is getting some love.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Won't lie... When we drafted DJ Moore I almost put a hole in my TV. I definitely preferred Calvin Ridley. But glad I was wrong and glad to have another reason why I am not an NFL analyst.

Ridley is just as good as DJ, the difference is DJ is two years younger.

I had a co-worker tell me a couple of years ago that the team was going to regret drafting DJ Moore.

Hasn't happened yet, but can't revisit that discussion with him since we're no longer working together.

The most memorable thing about last season though is that Moore never really seemed to have good chemistry with Bridgewater. It'd be nice to see that change with Darnold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I had a co-worker tell me a couple of years ago that the team was going to regret drafting DJ Moore.

Hasn't happened yet, but can't revisit that discussion with him since we're no longer working together.

The most memorable thing about last season though is that Moore never really seemed to have good chemistry with Bridgewater. It'd be nice to see that change with Darnold.

You’re right. There were countless plays last year where DJ had his guy beat and Teddy didn’t even glance his way. If Darnold can get some chemistry going with DJ imagine what kind of numbers he can put up! One thing is certain, and that’s Darnold won’t be afraid to launch it down the field to give him a chance.

• Beer 1

DJ's flourishing talent is a pleasant surprise.  One of the more exciting developments I have witnessed from him is his mastery of the route tree and better movement. He shows much improved ability to get open on his own in comparison to previous years, a positive development I was doubtful about. 

Certainly love that DJ has proven me wrong and shows promise to be an absolute menace to defenses.

I am hoping that consistency in the QB position will unleash him into the monster he now can be. Hopefully Darnold is the answer and we get to see a beautiful connection between them. Or, at the least, just a simple improvement over the atrocity that was Bridgewater.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 1

On 7/13/2021 at 11:48 PM, ForJimmy said:

You’re right. There were countless plays last year where DJ had his guy beat and Teddy didn’t even glance his way. If Darnold can get some chemistry going with DJ imagine what kind of numbers he can put up! One thing is certain, and that’s Darnold won’t be afraid to launch it down the field to give him a chance.

Tell me about it.

Last year I didn't even want to watch and couldn't wait for the season to be over.

I can't wait for this year to start.

• Pie 1