• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will a week 1 loss to the Jets do to Darnold?

CanadianCat

6 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Im pretty high on Darnold but it seems like the 'rebuild' of Sam is getting his confidence back. I would expect we beat the Jets but am concerned that if Sam plays the Jets (even though they are a different team now) and loses that it might set him back even further. 

What do you think? If we happen to lose to the Jets will that impact Darnold or will that have no effect?

Umm...there are 16 more games? Guess the Panthers will trade him for Bridgewater at that point, right?

What last season showed is that the Panthers were going to score points, regardless of who was being played (sans a couple of weeks). This type of game, with the improvement of the defense, should see the Panthers win 24-3 or by any number of points at a similar margin. 

Edited by CPcavedweller

I believe one of Darnold's strengths is his mental aspect to NFL. He could have traveled down many different wrong roads during his Jets career, but he never stopped trying. Many times the guy was running for his life, not once did he reach the point of asking for a trade or throwing players under the bus. He also never got even decent weapons in this golden era for, never complained after his GM told him he'd get the horses. I think he will be just fine even if the Jets pull off the up-set. 

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Weinke won his first start, then went winless the rest of the year. 1-15 baby.

Hilarious scenario: We lose to the Jets and Darnold looks bad. The "Fire Rhule" threads sprout. All the negative Nancies start saying "I told you so!" 

Then Darnold pulls a reverse Weinke and we go 16-1.

Also, "Reverse Weinke" needs to be a gymnastics move.

Edited by Pup McBarky
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Hilarious scenario: We lose to the Jets and Darnold looks bad. The "Fire Rhule" threads sprout. All the negative Nancies start saying "I told you so!" 

Then Darnold pulls a reverse Weinke and we go 16-1.

Also, "Reverse Weinke" needs to be a gymnastics move.

"I think he is going to attempt the Reverse Weinke"  

"That's a bold move Cotton, I hope it works for him."

Yup, works for me. lol

• Beer 1