• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will a week 1 loss to the Jets do to Darnold?

CanadianCat

If we lose to the Jets then my fall opens up tremendously and I see a ton of fishing being done.  Having said that I think there is about a 5% chance we lose to them.  Vegas says we are -4 so I may be dropping some coin on the Cats for week 1.

I think we will be 3-0 heading to Dallas and 4-1 after the Eagles. 

3 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Are people already hedging about a loss to the Jets after months of talking about how they are a hapless team, devoid of talent, and direction. 

Well, we did just sign one of the reasons they sucked to be the leader of our team, so….

(just a joke Darnold fans.)

• Beer 1

Personally I’m more interested how Sam looks mid season. But fair weathered fans who don’t understand football will be livid I’m sure.

The Jets have made some good moves this off-season that I really liked, especially the coaching. A loss won’t mean much. Our record after 8/9 games will matter more.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Personally I’m more interested how Sam looks mid season. But fair weathered fans who don’t understand football will be livid I’m sure.

The Jets have made some good moves this off-season that I really liked, especially the coaching. A loss won’t mean much. Our record after 8/9 games will matter more.

But the week 1 matchup matters too IMO.  Because of what the Jets are.  Because Zach Wilson will also being learning a new scheme, with new coaches, new players, and less talent......and he won't have 3 years starting experience in the NFL under his belt like Sam.   So Sam has to look better than Zach Wilson IMO week 1.   And if we lose.....it will say something about Rhule and Darnold. 

There is a long list of QBs that were MVPs, ROY, made a Pro bowl in their first year (Vince Young) who didn’t do so well the remainder of their NFL career.  Doesn’t take long for a DC to figure them out.  Sam’s three years could help, or it may prove he’s not a starter in the NFL.  We’ll see, all I know is the Jets are a significantly better team that Wilson is walking into, than Sam had.  Coaches, focus on top OL and especially the GM.  We’ll see, no?

Still sticks in my craw that they drafted AVT, they don’t deserve him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

But the week 1 matchup matters too IMO.  Because of what the Jets are.  

Like us, no one knows what the jets are with all the turnover.  The 2020 jets are long gone.

Because Zach Wilson will also being learning a new scheme, with new coaches, new players , and less talent.....

Their coaches are all rookies as well.  Saleh has never been head coach before and LaFleur has never been OC before.

So Sam has to look better than Zach Wilson IMO week 1.   And if we lose.....it will say something about Rhule and Darnold. 

It will say something, but we have no game details, game context, or season performance...so its hard to already assign blame accurately.

• Pie 1