• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton signed to 4 year, $72M deal

AndrewLaskoski

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I mentioned this before but just watch a highlight reel for Burns. He’s making plays from both sides a lot. I couldn’t find snap breakdowns from each side but it wasn’t 90% on LT and 10% on right tackle, seemed like 60/40.

It's about matchups.  It will vary from game to game depending on the tackles they are facing.  These guys really do not have a designated side on defense.  The offensive lines are going to have to catch up on this an adapt. 

I think Rhule is attempting to does this but it's a gamble trying to find versatile tackles.  Going from tackle to guard is relatively easy for someone at that level but switching sides for a tackle takes reps and a lot of them.  It's not as easy as it sounds.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

One other factor--what kind of rapport did he have with Miller? T/G communication is important--like knowing when to switch in man defense in basketball--and that could be the reason Moton STAYED at RT when he had the chance--so many variables.  I think we can agree on this: If he is going to switch, it will be now and not later.

IMO, this is the strongest argument for leaving Moton at RT.  In staffing, you only rarely take a high performing employee out of a well run business unit to fortify a struggling one.  In theory or on paper, the move makes sense but actual results almost always disappoint and you end up with suboptimal performance in both business units.  At least in business, this strategy fails more often than it succeeds.

• Beer 2

I'm going to take a moment and say that $1 Mill/year incentive to be a PROBOWL LEFT TACKLE, doesn't mean he's going to play left tackle. He hasn't gotten probowl awards at right tackle, which is his natural position.  

I think if injuries force the issue, there is a chance they move to left and Christensen can play right. 

Don't hold your breath. 

7 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

IMO, this is the strongest argument for leaving Moton at RT.  In staffing, you only rarely take a high performing employee out of a well run business unit to fortify a struggling one.  In theory or on paper, the move makes sense but actual results almost always disappoint and you end up with suboptimal performance in both business units.  At least in business, this strategy fails more often than it succeeds.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have always operated by the adage, "Aces in their Places".

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

DJ, Chinn,

Derek Brown (borderline/potentially)

Imma add Horn, cuz I like him. And of course Moton. Riddick is close, and Bouye has a shot. Those last two are stretches, but they are talented.

That's still a lot of paychecks down the line.

This isn't really naming elite players.  I see a lot of maybes and probablies - even in my own list!  Chinn has shown something but I'd like another season.  After that, none of the rest are elite and Horn hasn't seen the field.  But yeah I get you were being cute.

• Pie 1