• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick your 2021 LT

Pick your 2021 LT   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ultimately wins the 21’ LT competition? State your case

• Dennis Daley
    • Trent Scott
    • Cam Erving
    • Greg little (LOLz)
    • Brady Christensen

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah.  Who ever wins it at camp may not have it game one, then  may not have it mid-season, may not have it end of season. Seems like the oline is often musical chairs (except 2015).

I'm really surprised you chose Daley.   He really has yet to prove he's there.

Ive been on his nuts for a while, at one point I thought he would make the sting of Little as a 2nd round flop not matter since Daley was going to play like a 2nd rounder. Sadly the waiting game has won and hes at same point as Little. I do think it hurts him some, (just like Scott) in that hes able to play 4 spots and thus an key backup rather than a starter. Months ago said hes the darkhorse for LT, but if he runs into another injury/what-ever, I can see him getting cut too. List feels like the same player over and over, plus Im just not a big Erv fan at all. It still remains to be seen what type of system the panthers will focus on for OL, Ive seen reports and I need to see live snaps. If it is zone/gibbs/wide-zone hybrid, LT may not be the GIANT need that I/everyone thinks. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

If it is zone/gibbs/wide-zone hybrid, LT may not be the GIANT need that I/everyone thinks. 

Stuff I've read has said zone blocking.

Daley beating Moton, Erving, BC and Scott for LT would really surprise me.

His rookie year was pretty bad, and last year he was out. 

Daley was at LT for OTAs with the ones so who knows.

• Beer 1

Erving is most likely the answer.  The contract tells you that.  One of the others are going to have to clearly outplay him to take the spot.

I know Moton is what a lot of the fans are hoping but sometimes coaches are afraid to move a guy from a spot that he excels at.  Also they might think they can fix Erving, he definitely has the measurables.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Stuff I've read has said zone blocking.

Daley beating Moton, Erving, BC and Scott for LT would really surprise me.

His rookie year was pretty bad, and last year he was out. 

Daley was at LT for OTAs with the ones so who knows.

I member him starting at LT as a rookie and not looking like he didnt belong. Plus I heard it was like Thursday/friday and the team went to him and was like "Youre starting LT"...so poor guy didnt even take reps as a LT til game-time. Hes had awful luck and again the other options ALL have big issues as well. Scott has the least flags, but hes currently rehabbing his shoulder....which is a big deal for a OLman not being able to lift.(thus hes behind and playing ketchup...) Little can get cut at any point and Erv is one of lowest graded OL for the last three years....plus those ranking came at easier spots than LT. 

Panthers need a warlock for a OL coach to get good results it feels...

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I member him starting at LT as a rookie and not looking like he didnt belong. Plus I heard it was like Thursday/friday and the team went to him and was like "Youre starting LT"...so poor guy didnt even take reps as a LT til game-time. Hes had awful luck and again the other options ALL have big issues as well. Scott has the least flags, but hes currently rehabbing his shoulder....which is a big deal for a OLman not being able to lift.(thus hes behind and playing ketchup...) Little can get cut at any point and Erv is one of lowest graded OL for the last three years....plus those ranking came at easier spots than LT. 

Panthers need a warlock for a OL coach to get good results it feels...

Yea I have no idea where the narrative that Daley was bad is coming from, he filled in extremely well and shocked everyone for a Hurney 6th round pick, the issue is health. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

Yea I have no idea where the narrative that Daley was bad is coming from

He gave up 8 sacks and 4 penalties playing ~60% of the of offensive snaps.

I'm not saying he won't improve, but if he plays like that all season, we're screwed.

two deep:

Daley     ERving    Paradis    Miller   Moton

Scott      Elflien    D. Moore    Christensen 

I expect Deonte to see limited reps until he has a year in the program under weight supervision unless he balls out in camp or is forced into action due to injuries. 

elf also could be back up center 

15 minutes ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

Yea I have no idea where the narrative that Daley was bad is coming from, he filled in extremely well and shocked everyone for a Hurney 6th round pick, the issue is health. 

Just snake bitten

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

He gave up 8 sacks and 4 penalties playing ~60% of the of offensive snaps.

I'm not saying he won't improve, but if he plays like that all season, we're screwed.

No excuses, just say he was not 100% healthy while playing. Bad tape can happen, he just needs to figure out how to get over the injuries or find himself on the couch. Thats a skill and I have reached my limit waiting on him. Ive heard hes as tough as anyone on the team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

He wasn't great but he was solid. Even with injuries he has technically probably outplayed his draft spot. 

It is just a shame he can't seem to stay healthy. I think he could be a two deep guy for sure. As the 4 Man Rush says, "Availability is an ability." 

• Beer 2