• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 LTs

Jorgie

There is one 90% lock for future all pro O this draft class: Evan Neal. He stays healthy, he's a much faster,  bigger and even stronger Otah (for us panther folks, and Otah was a load as a run blocker, best run blocking OT we've had). Absolute monster of a man, looks for work, and a road grating machine that can actually protect the QB at a high level. I worry about weight a little (like Otah) and injuries cause he's a big dude, but otherwise he's the man. You can nitpick the technique, but his athleticism and on field worked ethic (I love OL who heads are on a swivel wanting to hit someone thru the end of a play) say he can get there with a little coaching. 

He might not drop in and be Joe Thomas or Ogden day one, but he's has the tools and then some to be on their level. He can in the business for a decade if healthy and a wee bit of coaching. I wouldn't even go there with Sewell. Unlike Sewell, he's maybe the only non QB from the last 2 drafts I would buck up and trade up for. He's legit.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, jayboogieman said:

The Panthers will pass on all those guys in favor of a QB, trading down for more picks, defensive players, or taking some guy they think the Saints or WFT want.

Well QB is a big need and you need to draft those guys early. 

Sam being this bad is a nightmare scenario though. The offensive line was already a multi year project to fix from the ground up, esp when you only have 1 good player there. Now they have less draft picks and might need to find a QB in round 1. 

Also, they NEED to try free agency again with actual good players but guys like Wyatt Teller have already resigned with their teams. At this point it might be hard to pry Ryan Jensen or Brandon Scherff away from their teams when they hit the market. If they hit the market at all. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Well QB is a big need and you need to draft those guys early. 

Sam being this bad is a nightmare scenario though. The offensive line was already a multi year project to fix from the ground up, esp when you only have 1 good player there. Now they have less draft picks and might need to find a QB in round 1. 

Also, they NEED to try free agency again with actual good players but guys like Wyatt Teller have already resigned with their teams. At this point it might be hard to pry Ryan Jensen or Brandon Scherff away from their teams when they hit the market. If they hit the market at all. 

I'm sure they'll make another run at Watson, but don't think they'll land him. Why come to a team that is pretty much a clone of what he had in Houston? So, I think they'll draft a QB. That said, they could overpay for a journeyman backup or other low level QB in free agency as well.

If they don't take a QB in the first, they'll probably trade back to recoup some of those spent picks. Then they'll probably get cute and pass on the top O-line talent in favor of mid or late round guys while they keep trading back or add more defensive talent. Can't have too many CBs after all.

I'm sure some of the bigger names will hit free agency. Those guys playing for teams that aren't really contenders will want even bigger paydays or play for a contender. The Panthers will have to do like the Hornets when it comes to free agents and overpay to land a decent one.

All this said, I don't know if the Panthers' braintrust have what it takes to properly evaluate QBs and O-linemen based off the moves they have made so far.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, chbright said:

There is one 90% lock for future all pro O this draft class: Evan Neal. He stays healthy, he's a much faster,  bigger and even stronger Otah (for us panther folks, and Otah was a load as a run blocker, best run blocking OT we've had). Absolute monster of a man, looks for work, and a road grating machine that can actually protect the QB at a high level. I worry about weight a little (like Otah) and injuries cause he's a big dude, but otherwise he's the man. You can nitpick the technique, but his athleticism and on field worked ethic (I love OL who heads are on a swivel wanting to hit someone thru the end of a play) say he can get there with a little coaching. 

He might not drop in and be Joe Thomas or Ogden day one, but he's has the tools and then some to be on their level. He can in the business for a decade if healthy and a wee bit of coaching. I wouldn't even go there with Sewell. Unlike Sewell, he's maybe the only non QB from the last 2 drafts I would buck up and trade up for. He's legit.

I'll take show me a Bama OLman that has been successful in the NFL for 500. They dont work out. Hard pass