• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former WR Ted Ginn Jr. announces retirement

Tb100 if you had told me that Ted Ginn Jr would put in 14yrs, I'd have called you a liar. If you had told me he'd retain his ridiculous speed, I'd have lost a LOT of money.

Nothing but respect for Ted Ginn Jr. Hats off to the man and nothing but success to him in his future endeavors.

I loved Ginn.  Yeah he had a problem with the dropsies but it isn't his fault he was made the #1 WR.  He did way better in that role than anyone could have expected.

With that said, I'll be honest. This is always the play I remember the most.

ginn.0.gif

24 minutes ago, Mage said:

I loved Ginn.  Yeah he had a problem with the dropsies but it isn't his fault he was made the #1 WR.  He did way better in that role than anyone could have expected.

ginn.0.gif

Ginn dropped 5 other 40+ yd TD passes that year. His Best season. 

And retires with a scouting term named after him. “Ted Ginn hands”

35 minutes ago, Mage said:

ginn.0.gif

Unfortunately he had the interception in the Super Bowl go right off his hands as well.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I remember how much of a "bust" he was coming out of Miami, hell of a career for a bust.

Congrats, enjoy it.

There is no doubt the Panthers saved his career. He could barely get on the field for a 49ers team that was desperate enough to pull Randy Moss off his couch. 

Then, after a decent season in CAR, he chased the money(his own words) and couldn’t get on the field in ARI. The Panthers then saved him again. 

• Pie 2

Nothing but love for Ginn. Yeah, he had bricks for hands and yeah, it seemed like for every deep bomb he caught there was another that he dropped. It is what it is. All I hold a player accountable for is being coachable and working hard. That's all he can do. If he does those two things and fails or still has shortcomings, that's not on him. That's either a talent evaluation issue, talent development issue, or a talent acquisition issue in that this bad player is the best bad option we have available due to poor roster management.

I'll take a Ted Ginn Jr. all day everyday over a Kelvin Benjamin. Ginn reliably gave you all he had. KB on the other hand frequently loafed when he didn't anticipate the ball coming his way and usually showed up to camp looking more like an OL than a WR them tried to work his way back into shape. That's not holding up your end of the bargain. Ultimately, Kelvin Benjamin is a huge reason why we are where we currently are as a franchise. If he hadn't quit on a route and then made no effort to tackle the intercepting defender, Cam's shoulder may still be intact.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Icege said:

Tb100 if you had told me that Ted Ginn Jr would put in 14yrs, I'd have called you a liar. If you had told me he'd retain his ridiculous speed, I'd have lost a LOT of money.

Nothing but respect for Ted Ginn Jr. Hats off to the man and nothing but success to him in his future endeavors.

Yeah he was always a pro and played his ass off here.  If he had better hands he'd have been one of the top deep threats of his era I think.  He had track speed but carried it over to the field and was fast in pads. 

I remember the utter meltdown Dolphins fans had when they drafted him.  They were so freaking mad and confused.  The "expert" call at that pick was Brady Quinn so I think that turned out okay.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing but love for Ginn. Yeah, he had bricks for hands and yeah, it seemed like for every deep bomb he caught there was another that he dropped. It is what it is. All I hold a player accountable for is being coachable and working hard. That's all he can do. If he does those two things and fails or still has shortcomings, that's not on him. That's either a talent evaluation issue, talent development issue, or a talent acquisition issue in that this bad player is the best bad option we have available due to poor roster management.

I'll take a Ted Ginn Jr. all day everyday over a Kelvin Benjamin. Ginn reliably gave you all he had. KB on the other hand frequently loafed when he didn't anticipate the ball coming his way and usually showed up to camp looking more like an OL than a WR them tried to work his way back into shape. That's not holding up your end of the bargain. Ultimately, Kelvin Benjamin is a huge reason why we are where we currently are as a franchise. If he hadn't quit on a route and then made no effort to tackle the intercepting defender, Cam's shoulder may still be intact.

Agreed.

I have a bit of an issue with the QB trying to make a tackle of any sort unless it's the playoffs.  Just too valuable, and don't practice hitting enough to be good at it.

You throw a pick, let the other 10 try to get him.

• Beer 1