• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something that was dropped in my inbox today...

Verge

5 hours ago, Verge said:

In the coming months teams are expecting Deshaun Watson will likely settle and be punished to the tune of 6+ games. There are certain teams planning to make a move, and have prepared if this opening came again.

0.00% chance the Texans allow him to go to another team.

Your sources are clueless.

If D. Watson ever plays in the NFL again it will be for the Houston Texans....

• Poo 6

Why would we give up a pot of Gold for a political nightmare and one injury away from ruining us for a while. Watson is an amazing talent. Remember when Cam hurt his shoulder? It took us years to recover and..... that's right, we still haven't recovered when our Franchise QB got hurt. Giving up too much along with that risk is not worth it. Having a Franchise QB and paying him great and having the picks and team to build around him is more important and that's not this situation. 

All political issues aside:  Cost is everything.  If you give up too much, you can't surround him with the team required to win.

I'm the first person on the QB is everything bandwagon, but just having the QB isn't enough.  Green Bay has had a HoF calibre QB for fifteen years now and only one SB appearance to show for it.  Likewise Drew Brees in N.O.  Etc.  You have to find your QB, while continuing to draft well at other positions.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, BrianS said:

All political issues aside:  Cost is everything.  If you give up too much, you can't surround him with the team required to win.

I'm the first person on the QB is everything bandwagon, but just having the QB isn't enough.  Green Bay has had a HoF calibre QB for fifteen years now and only one SB appearance to show for it.  Likewise Drew Brees in N.O.  Etc.  You have to find your QB, while continuing to draft well at other positions.

I do feel this team is an O-line and QB away from being a legitimate contender (if the young guys continue to develop the way they flashed).

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

0.00% chance the Texans allow him to go to another team.

Your sources are clueless.

If D. Watson ever plays in the NFL again it will be for the Houston Texans....

i'm too lazy to look, but i could have sworn the texans were making plans to trade him before the draft...then all hell broke loose.