• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn on the Ross Tucker Podcast

Icege

Combine numbers

• 5'8" 135 as a sophomore in HS but hit a late growth spurt his Jr/Sr years
  • Only had offers from Southern Illinois, Colgate University, and University of North Dakota
  • Strained his groin 3 or 4 days before the combine testing, so he wasn't even at 100% but decided to test anyways

DROY snub

• Won Defensive Rookie of the Month 2 out of the 4 months of the season, 2nd? the other two months.
  • Felt snubbed but has long term goals that he wants to accomplish
  • Tucker believes that Chinn would've been DROY if he had been the 2nd overall drafted player due to player's draft status following them throughout their careers

LB or Safety?

• Doesn't mind where he lines up, but feels comfortable at Safety and that it's his more natural position
  • Not much will change from what he did last season, will just be starting at the safety position rather than SLB
  • Biggest difference from last season will be as the last line of defense and playing more deep than in the box as much as he did last season, but will ultimately be similar roles

What's different going into year 2 with Rhule?

• Getting the older guys to buy in year 2 after the college mentality of year 1

Sam Darnold

• Sam's talented and naturally gifted, was the 3rd overall pick for a reason. Has all of the tools.
  • Has bought in to being coached and talking to the guys

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Not a great interview TBH.. but it was cool hearing from Chinn. 

There is a lot to be excited about with him. 

I thought it was a good interview. Tucker has a kind of over-the-top shtick which when contrasted with Chinn's laid back style made for some seeming awkward moments, but I think it worked! I think both guys were comfortable with one another, and I believe Chinn is mature beyond his years. I enjoyed it.

• Pie 2

It's not exactly a great way to kick off your podcast episode sounding like the oh ho ho it's funny because it's true character from family guy. Any doorknob with a wifi connection has a podcast now.

Edited by frankw

1 hour ago, Icege said:

What's different going into year 2 with Rhule?

• Getting the older guys to buy in year 2 after the college mentality of year 1

That's an interesting comment - was there any context? I'm not able to watch/listen at the moment.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, KSpan said:

That's an interesting comment - was there any context? I'm not able to watch/listen at the moment.

That part is at around 15:30. He basically said the vets on the team had to adjust to Rhule's new imprint on the team it has a college feel to it he didn't go into detailed specifics on various aspects of that. But this shouldn't really surprise anyone even the terminology we heard from staff and others last year when they spoke involved words like program sprinkled in. I don't think it's an issue but they should definitely make a concerted effort to change gears in '21 because the lack of leadership in such a young roster showed in some of those close games we lost.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

59 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's not exactly a great way to kick off your podcast episode sounding like the oh ho ho it's funny because it's true character from family guy. Any doorknob with a wifi connection has a podcast now.

I've listened to the RT podcast for years now. He does a good job. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I thought it was a good interview. Tucker has a kind of over-the-top shtick which when contrasted with Chinn's laid back style made for some seeming awkward moments, but I think it worked! I think both guys were comfortable with one another, and I believe Chinn is mature beyond his years. I enjoyed it.

I get what your saying. It was more that Ross would ask a question and Chinn would give a very political answer (which I respect). I was hoping that Chinn would talk more about the team. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

That part is at around 15:30. He basically said the vets on the team had to adjust to Rhule's new imprint on the team it has a college feel to it he didn't go into detailed specifics on various aspects of that. But this shouldn't really surprise anyone even the terminology we heard from staff and others last year when they spoke involved words like program sprinkled in. I don't think it's an issue but they should definitely make a concerted effort to change gears in '21 because the lack of leadership in such a young roster showed in some of those close games we lost.

Interesting take. I think that Rhule will tinker with the way he goes about running the show as it's kind of a natural evolvement making the transition from college to the pros, but I don't believe that he'll make wholesale changes. I could be wrong, but I think that Chinn was saying more so that the veteran guys were getting more comfortable with Rhule's modus operandi. One thing about Rhule though is that he seems to have an open mind and an adaptive spirit pertaining to everything but his core football principles. I think we'll be alright. He'll figure it out.