• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope, but be real. We don't know what Darnold is, but that's OK.

top dawg

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just skimmed the vid again and yes there are some bad throws (but who doesnt have some on tape) but the majority of what I saw was defenses blitzing the hell out of him and his wideouts running deep routes.  Gase never adjusted for some quick outs.

I still will say both coaching and trotting him out to start as a 20 year old from Southern Cal are the two biggest reasons that he failed.  I mean wtf where they thinking just throwing him into the starting lineup?

The league is moving more into "throw the rookie out there and hope", but mainly due to their situations. Some are forced to draft a QB and play him in hopes of saving their job and/or organization. Not many teams take multiple years to develop a QB. Its a results league. And like its been mentioned (in this thread or maybe another), a lot of these coaches are only getting 3 years with an organization. Some put it together in time, and some don't. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean wtf where they thinking just throwing him into the starting lineup?

I think he shined at camp.  I think they had TB there to ease Sam in, but then traded TB to the aints before the season started.

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That you Sam?

Yup.  You caught me.  Wow, doxxed on the huddle.  Well I guess sht happens.

I knew a clever sod like you Sizzle would figure it out sooner or later.

Since I was so enamored with my own passing prowess to notice, please tell me,

Why do you think they brought in Teddy and then turned right around traded him away rather than easing me in like originally planned?

I could have used the  break, you know they hadn't figured out how to even snap the ball that year.

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, SBBlue said:
11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That you Sam?

Yup.  You caught me.  Wow, doxxed on the huddle.  Well I guess sht happens.

I knew a clever sod like you Sizzle would figure it out sooner or later.

Since I was so enamored with my own passing prowess to notice, please tell me,

Why do you think they brought in Teddy and then turned right around traded him away rather than easing me in like originally planned?

I could have used the  break, you know they hadn't figured out how to even snap the ball that year.

In the last 60 days how many total hours do you figure you've spent on this website promoting Sam's cause?

• Poo 2

38 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In the last 60 days how many total hours do you figure you've spent on this website promoting Sam's cause?

I have made many, many posts and threads on the team or players other than  Sam Darnold.

But total time on the huddle?   I don't know, maybe 5 ...or ....10 minutes?

I'm a fast typer.  

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

I have made many, many posts and threads unrelated to Sam Darnold.

I'm a fast typer.  

Working from home these days?  What's an average work week for you, 40 hours?

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Working from home these days?  What's an average work week for you, 40 hours?

Time off.  Between projects actually.  Its been nice.  But it looks like another is about to ramp up.  So you won't get to enjoy my company as much. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

I just skimmed the vid again and yes there are some bad throws (but who doesnt have some on tape) but the majority of what I saw was defenses blitzing the hell out of him and his wideouts running deep routes.  Gase never adjusted for some quick outs.

I still will say both coaching and trotting him out to start as a 20 year old from Southern Cal are the two biggest reasons that he failed.  I mean wtf where they thinking just throwing him into the starting lineup?

I don’t think Darnold is going to be complete ass but he will not be all world.   Dudes gut instinct is to get the snap, count to one then either run for his life or anticipate a car wreck.  Hard to unlearn that in one training camp, one game or maybe one season.  That said, I expect improvement but a year from now I suspect some of these same threads to be popping up.  Hopefully a lot less but there will be some for sure.  

I trust Rhule’s process and Fit because

a.  I am a Panther fan, they are in charge and I have no other choice

b.  I think Field’s is a better QB than Darnold but I also believe the Jaycee Horn pick will turn out very well.  

c.  There will be other chances to upgrade a QB if we need to.  This is likely not going to be a playoff year for us so if Darnold is a mistake it is a correctable error and I don’t think it will set us back nearly as much as some other folks 

d.  I think his team over performed last year.  The talent exhibited from last years class of rookies was a refreshing change from previous years.  

e.  This year’s draft value shows they are doing more than just throwing darts after the first round

That said, I choose to be somewhat optimistic about the future of our team. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I have made many, many posts and threads on the team or players other than  Sam Darnold.

I'm a fast typer.  

It's posts like this that make me wish we had a LOL emoji. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I don’t think Darnold is going to be complete ass but he will not be all world.   Dudes gut instinct is to get the snap, count to one then either run for his life or anticipate a car wreck.  Hard to unlearn that in one training camp, one game or maybe one season.  That said, I expect improvement but a year from now I suspect some of these same threads to be popping up.  Hopefully a lot less but there will be some for sure.  

I trust Rhule’s process and Fit because

a.  I am a Panther fan, they are in charge and I have no other choice

b.  I think Field’s is a better QB than Darnold but I also believe the Jaycee Horn pick will turn out very well.  

c.  There will be other chances to upgrade a QB if we need to.  This is likely not going to be a playoff year for us so if Darnold is a mistake it is a correctable error and I don’t think it will set us back nearly as much as some other folks 

d.  I think his team over performed last year.  The talent exhibited from last years class of rookies was a refreshing change from previous years.  

e.  This year’s draft value shows they are doing more than just throwing darts after the first round

That said, I choose to be somewhat optimistic about the future of our team. 

Well said! I agree with most if not all of what you posted.

• Pie 2