• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Hill to Start over Wintson Week 1

CarolinaLivin

24 minutes ago, jtm said:

No way - Winston is the starter and this is gamesmanship 

I kind of agree. But.....Payton has done some pretty irrational things for Hill so far. 

I genuinely hope he thinks Hill is the guy. I would live to see him tank the Saints for a couple of seasons because of pure hubris.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Just the idea of this statement is completely laughable. Hill is not even an NFL caliber QB. He is a poor man's The Golden Calf of Bristol.

And yet he started over Winston last year and is starting over him this year. So what does that exactly say about Winston if this is true?

20 hours ago, Basbear said:

I wanted Winston over teddy 2 gloves, 10 out of 10 given winston's salary was 1 million. Even with that 30 for 30 season, winstons put up better numbers in the same time over the gringer cringer. 

This exactly!

Not only the amazing price for a former 1st overall pick, but I think he would have been pretty exciting here. Though, I could see him being equally frustrating.

I think of Jamis and Teddy as pretty much Bizarros of each other (though neither is super) in some aspects. Where as Teddy checkdown would have been chicken and lost us 4th quarter games, Jamis would have been too aggressive and made dumb mistakes and lost of 4th quarter games.

I think the outcome would have been similiar, and much MUCH cheaper.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

This exactly!

Not only the amazing price for a former 1st overall pick, but I think he would have been pretty exciting here. Though, I could see him being equally frustrating.

I think of Jamis and Teddy as pretty much Bizarros of each other (though neither is super) in some aspects. Where as Teddy checkdown would have been chicken and lost us 4th quarter games, Jamis would have been too aggressive and made dumb mistakes and lost of 4th quarter games.

I think the outcome would have been similiar, and much MUCH cheaper.

youre right both have flaws, but winston has much more talent. off-field stuff aside- its loads and heavy heavy for winston..... on the field hes still got a top tier arm. I believe he can improve with the mental part, hes not a lost cause. The main part was money, 1 million plus more talent OR 30 (ended up being) million and less skills. Like you said, if rhule/crew didnt work well together (for whatever reasons) hes a FA. If hes a MVP QB........tag him. Again panthers made an awful choice and EVERYONE including rhule/herniay/brady/cooper/tepper/etc were wrong about teddy. Imagine having 29 million more in cap space to roll over to this super lean year, just one player too. ugh its so tiresome...

• Pie 1