• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Hill to Start over Wintson Week 1

CarolinaLivin

5 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

This exactly!

Not only the amazing price for a former 1st overall pick, but I think he would have been pretty exciting here. Though, I could see him being equally frustrating.

I think of Jamis and Teddy as pretty much Bizarros of each other (though neither is super) in some aspects. Where as Teddy checkdown would have been chicken and lost us 4th quarter games, Jamis would have been too aggressive and made dumb mistakes and lost of 4th quarter games.

I think the outcome would have been similiar, and much MUCH cheaper.

And much more fun. That is the advantage of a gunslinger. That is why PJ Walker was more fun to watch.

54 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

After a 130 pass attempts for his career?  I am not sure he is better than Jimmy Clausen at this point.  

Started over crablegs last year and now starting over him this year. That pretty much says it all.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Started over crablegs last year and now starting over him this year. That pretty much says it all.

Lol. Keep thinking that. See how that works out. 

I will make this bet, Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol will never start another game in the NFL outside a Saints uniform.

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. Keep thinking that. See how that works out. 

I will make this bet, Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol will never start another game in the NFL outside a Saints uniform.

Reports say you're wrong. And crabby Winston is still riding pine.

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

Reports say you're wrong. And crabby Winston is still riding pine.

Reports said Teddy was our QB of the future and Jimmy Clausen was the steal of the draft. Consider the sources of those reports.

All I can say is, if you didn't see what Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol was last year when he started, you just aren't going to be able to see it at all.

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Reports said Teddy was our QB of the future and Jimmy Clausen was the steal of the draft. Consider the sources of those reports.

All I can say is, if you didn't see what Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol was last year when he started, you just aren't going to be able to see it at all.

I think you gotta see it more in the light of who the coach likes more for the future. Who the coach has more confidence in. We, including our coaching staff, saw what Darnold was last year and the year before that. However, they traded for him based off of what they think he could be. They have some confidence in his future. 

Now I am not saying they have more confidence in Hill over Winston, the jury is still out. But the fact that it is still being given thought makes me think. Maybe Sean Payton already knew who his QB1 was before the competition started. Just wanted the two QB's to bring that competitiveness to practice and show improvement, show what they've learned from sitting behind Drew. 

I wrote all of that to say, idk lol

I think its 50/50 here. Both QB's have areas to improve in. Neither is a franchise QB in my eyes, however I do think Winston is closer to one than Hill.

Edited by CarolinaLivin

6 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think you gotta see it more in the light of who the coach likes more for the future. Who the coach has more confidence in. We, including our coaching staff, saw what Darnold was last year and the year before that. However, they traded for him based off of what they think he could be. They have some confidence in his future. 

Now I am not saying they have more confidence in Hill over Winston, the jury is still out. But the fact that it is still being given thought makes me think. Maybe Sean Payton already knew who his QB1 was before the competition started. Just wanted the two QB's to bring that competitiveness to practice and show improvement, show what they've learned from sitting behind Drew. 

I wrote all of that to say, idk lol

I think its 50/50 here. Both QB's have areas to improve in. Neither is a franchise QB in my eyes, however I do think Winston is closer to one than Hill.

Darnold is a former #1 pick, with a bunch of arm talent, has been a complete bust in the NFL but is only 23 years old.

Jameis Winston is a former #1 pick, with a bunch of arm talent and NFL production, has been a moderate bust in the NFL but is only 27 years old.

Taysom Hill is a former UDFA, has thrown a total of 134 passes in 53 career NFL games for 4 TD's and 3 INT's in 17 career starts(not all at QB), and is also going to be 31 years old during the 2021 season.

Now, which of those really stands out as not being the one you would want to hitch your bandwagon to for the future?

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Darnold is a former #1 pick, with a bunch of arm talent, has been a complete bust in the NFL but is only 23 years old.

Jameis Winston is a former #1 pick, with a bunch of arm talent and NFL production, has been a moderate bust in the NFL but is only 27 years old.

Taysom Hill is a former UDFA, has thrown a total of 134 passes in 53 career NFL games for 4 TD's and 3 INT's in 17 career starts(not all at QB), and is also going to be 31 years old during the 2021 season.

Now, which of those really stands out as not being the one you would want to hitch your bandwagon to for the future?

Now as stated, it wouldn't be my choice. It would be based off of Sean Payton's ideals and who he likes more. Like said previously I am keeping the jury out until at least end of training camp/preseason. Just small factors make me believe Hill has some fight as to the QB1 position like contract and getting the call to start games last year over Winston. But if I had to choose the most likely outcome, Winston would replace drew and Hill would continue to be used as he did last year. But stranger things have happened. Its the same reason I choose to be optimistic about Sam. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Now as stated, it wouldn't be my choice. It would be based off of Sean Payton's ideals and who he likes more. Like said previously I am keeping the jury out until at least end of training camp/preseason. Just small factors make me believe Hill has some fight as to the QB1 position like contract and getting the call to start games last year over Winston. But if I had to choose the most likely outcome, Winston would replace drew and Hill would continue to be used as he did last year. But stranger things have happened. Its the same reason I choose to be optimistic about Sam. 

Hill has some "fight" as a QB in New Orleans because that is an otherwordly talented team and offense. Remember how everyone thought Teddy was going to be the poo because he went 5-0 with the Saints?

Hill starting is Payton's hubris(as I previously stated). Hill is a great gadget player but installing him as a full time starter in the NFL is eventually going to get Payton fired. Unless he has gotten mush headed in his old age, I think he is going to realize this eventually and put him back as a gadget player. Winston has a TON of upside and a TON of downside. Namely, hyper aggressive gunslinger play that directly leads to TO's. Are either of them going to be able to replace Drew Brees? Highly unlikely. He was an ideal QB for that offense. 

One thing I can basically predict with little risk of being wrong is that Taysom Hill is not an NFL caliber starting QB. He might get his Kyle Allen moments in but the grind of the NFL is eventually going to even further expose how much he ISN'T an NFL caliber QB. Even with the league's best offensive mind at the helm.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

OK let's count how many times Winston has started for NO. Ok go!