• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are our options if Darnold Gets Injured?

Michael G

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

My thoughts exactly. As happy as I am with the young core, just imagine if we started Grier last year and got a top 3 pick. Could have had a rookie QB we liked or gotten the 3 firsts/1 third haul from SF and used a 1st like Miami did to move back up and get Horn. We’d have a ton more cap, an extra 1st, two more 3rds (lost Bradberry’s by signing Teddy) and been in an even better spot talent wise in a year or two.

I wonder if the Panthers are taking applications. They clearly need our insight.

They spent all that money on Teddy and pissed off 50% of Panther nation just to backtrack into Sam Darnold while peeking over the fence at Watson.

• Beer 2

If Darnold gets hurt what do we do?  The same thing we did last year if TB would have gone down.  Or the year before when Cam did.  Or the year before that.

The backup QB position here has been rather barren since Anderson was last able to step in and guide the team......and that tells you the level we have historically been.  At least Anderson was competent as a backup to finish a game or even make a couple of starts.

Right now, it doesn't make much difference since we are "not there yet," but at some point, it will. 

RGIII was ruined in one playoff game by Shanahan.  He used the "he should have told me if he needed to come out" approach when his knee was obviously being held together by a single tendon.  Foles might be okay if we were close, because I think he can fill the role Anderson did. 

Maybe Walker can be that, but I don't think he is there yet, either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1