• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are our options if Darnold Gets Injured?

Michael G

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

https://catcrave.com/2021/07/19/5-emergency-options-panthers-lose-sam-darnold-injury-2021/

The above article proposes 5 options if Darnold is injured for a lengthy period of time; The options the Article give are:

1. Will Grier

2. PJ Walker

......our backups so kinda of makes since especially if we've been losing anyway

3. Robert Griffith III 

....Is he the best FA available? The Article suggests he is.

4. Nick Foles

5. Daniel Locke

....The article proposes trading for Foles suggesting he will lose his job to Fields or Andy Dalton in Chicago, if we are winning. It also suggests trading to acquire Locke if he loses his job in Denver.

I'm not sure I like any of these options. What do you guy think the team should do if Darnold sustains a substantial injury during the season?

Pj and hope for Delhomme magic. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

If Darnold gets hurt what do we do?  The same thing we did last year if TB would have gone down.  Or the year before when Cam did.  Or the year before that.

The backup QB position here has been rather barren since Anderson was last able to step in and guide the team......and that tells you the level we have historically been.  At least Anderson was competent as a backup to finish a game or even make a couple of starts.

Right now, it doesn't make much difference since we are "not there yet," but at some point, it will. 

RGIII was ruined in one playoff game by Shanahan.  He used the "he should have told me if he needed to come out" approach when his knee was obviously being held together by a single tendon.  Foles might be okay if we were close, because I think he can fill the role Anderson did. 

Maybe Walker can be that, but I don't think he is there yet, either.

I think for the first time in a long time we have a good backup...only problem is he's our starter.

10 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

At least our QB search would be over. Hopefully.

The QB search would be exactly where it is today. Hoping that the QB just taken will be THE ONE and not a bust. Until THE ONE is on the team it will always be this way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1