• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wife is being induced today..

The Huddler

Wish me luck.  Its our first and inductions can take a while. Blood pressure issues lead us to being induced at 37 weeks as a precaution. Gunna have to hang in there for the long haul. Will need to put my needs and worries away for now and be rock solid for the whole process

Any advice for Dads during Labor? 

Shes going to have all the meds, epidural, laughing gas.. all that stuff. Hopefully that smooths things over.  Wish me luck. Not worried about me, just worried about her pain, sleep, and complications. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

She'll be ok, man. Women are TOUGH when it comes to the child inside them. I have a 2.75 year old. My first. The labor was a BLUR. But seeing her for the first time, and when she grabbed my finger minutes later was amazing. You'll be fine, and as said, so will your wife. Doctors and nurses do it all day every day. Just breathe, enjoy the moment, be strong for your wife ... then never get sleep again as your entire world shifts and your kiddo comes first 24/7/365. It's wild, man.

• Pie 3

As the dad just relax and listen to what's being asked of you. Also, don't be afraid to ask your wife what you can do to help but if she says nothing, accept that answer as well and just be there to support. All will be well and the baby will arrive before you know it.

• Pie 2

Congrats. Inductions can also move SUPER fast. My wife was induced with our first in the early AM. We anticipated kiddo to arrive by dinner time. I was holding my newborn baby daughter while watching for kickoff of a UNC football game that started at noon. Noon eastern time (10am for us in CO). She was in labor less than an hour.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Congrats.  I got 4.  The most amazing feeling in the world watching newborn taking a first breath and start to scream.  You just know it’s a new chapter in your life.  

My middle son strangled with his cord and came out blue, unconscious, and not breathing - they had to do immediate baby chest compressions and a sternal rub to get him kick-started. The cyanosis took almost 24 hours to clear completely but now he's 8 and a perfectly normal giant PITA.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'm not a dad and don't have any kids, but I've been there for a couple deliveries and I can tell you it's a pretty special moment. It was a conscious decision by my wife and I not to have kids and we've never spoken with any regret about it.

That being said, at my age and kids are no longer an option, is there any way to induce sex? I mean, if they can do it for labor, why can't they help a bro out?

• The D 1

Also don't be the dad who is eating hot wings and pizza in the room while the mom is vomiting from labor. 

I've seen it all, but that and the dad's who literally sleep through the birth of their child despite being prompted to wake up are pretty much the only things dad do that consistently irk me.