Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Countdown to Training Camp: Offensive line


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think that with the players we currently have on the roster that we will find a good if not outstanding line.  

I am also predicting Moore or Brown will start the season. 

Unless the rookies shine, I don’t think there’s a way we have an outstanding OL. Outside of Moton and the rookies, none of the other OL we have has shown top level talent the last couple or few years. We need a mini-miracle to get past being a middle of the road OL.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think that with the players we currently have on the roster that we will find a good if not outstanding line.  

I am also predicting Moore or Brown will start the season. 

I agree with your first statement, but I doubt the later. Moore or Brown may start before the end of the season, but for me the smart money is on Christensen or Elflein at LG, and Miller at RG for game 1. Miller is comfortable between Moton and Paradis, and did a good job last year, IMO. Basically, unless someone shines in camp, or Moton moves to the left, I think RG is his to lose, if only for consistency. They're going to be trying a lot of different looks on the left side of the line, and having 3 guys that are familiar with one another on the right makes that easier. As for LG, Elfein has familiarity there and played with Darnold last year, so I assume it's his on paper right now. But, I'm pretty damned sure that Christensen starts somewhere immediately. IF that's not RT, LG is the obvious choice. 

TLDR... Paradis is center, the other 4 spots are up for grabs.  

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I agree with your first statement, but I doubt the later. Moore or Brown may start before the end of the season, but for me the smart money is on Christensen or Elflein at LG, and Miller at RG for game 1. Miller is comfortable between Moton and Paradis, and did a good job last year, IMO. Basically, unless someone shines in camp, or Moton moves to the left, I think RG is his to lose, if only for consistency. They're going to be trying a lot of different looks on the left side of the line, and having 3 guys that are familiar with one another on the right makes that easier. As for LG, Elfein has familiarity there and played with Darnold last year, so I assume it's his on paper right now. But, I'm pretty damned sure that Christensen starts somewhere immediately. IF that's not RT, LG is the obvious choice. 

TLDR... Paradis is center, Moton is RT with an outside shot to be LT, the other 3 spots are up for grabs.  

Fixed, even though I know you don’t think Moton will see the bench.

My money is day 1 on Erving, Elflein and Miller for the other 3. My hope is that BC and Moore win 2 spots. I’m not as down as I was on Brown at the draft (his slot was fine, 6th round is assumed backup), but I think from the Senior Bowl that he’s  the furthest from real NFL shape. I hope he proves that wrong and is working his ass off, literally.

  • Pie 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope Deonte Brown proves to be the OG version of Orlando Brown. Orlando Brown was widely expected to be a 1st round LT until he went and utterly tanked the Combine and ended up being a 3rd rounder. He's proved to have been worthy of being a 1st round LT through his NFL play. Deonte Brown was widely expected to be a 2nd or 3rd round OG before utterly tanking at the Senior Bowl and ending up being a 6th rounder. Let's hope that Deonte Brown proves worthy to have been a 2nd round OG.

 

 

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think starting the young guys on the OL is bad if they can at least hold up. We're not winning the SB this year, but I can see a playoff berth. Having a young and experienced OL next year, with hopefully a more settled in Darnold sounds like a great team next year, OC Brady or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Deonte Brown proves to be the OG version of Orlando Brown. Orlando Brown was widely expected to be a 1st round LT until he went and utterly tanked the Combine and ended up being a 3rd rounder. He's proved to have been worthy of being a 1st round LT through his NFL play. Deonte Brown was widely expected to be a 2nd or 3rd round OG before utterly tanking at the Senior Bowl and ending up being a 6th rounder. Let's hope that Deonte Brown proves worthy to have been a 2nd round OG.

 

 

His tape at the senior bowl was actually very solid, especially when it came to run blocking. I think what he weighed in at and athletic testing is his big concern. If he can keep his weight he can be a solid NFL starter. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

His tape at the senior bowl was actually very solid, especially when it came to run blocking. I think what he weighed in at and athletic testing is his big concern. If he can keep his weight he can be a solid NFL starter. 

He looked absolutely atrocious when moving in space looked absolutely atrocious. He cost himself at least 2-3 rounds of draft status by showing up that week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh yea, I’d bet the oline continues to have problems unless we defy logic and history and have an outstanding oline without investing really anything substantial into it aside from Moton. I’m not sure how one could expect otherwise.

And saying no one has taken a snap 2021 doesn’t justify predicting they could be great or an unknown. According to what we do know, there just isn’t much there. No reason to ignore that just because the season hasn’t begun.

I can logically and reasonable predict TB will TB in Denver even though he hasn’t taken a snap, just as I will predict the oline will coninute to be a problem here.

It is a process and every offseason I say ok now they have to address it…and it never happens. Maybe 2022 will be there year. Paradis will be gone and the line will be full of backups and Moton. Hopefully Christianson will turn out.

Edited by onmyown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...