• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst with a clean pocket, the worst in the red zone…

AceBoogie

56 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I had to do a double check on the op. 

I swore is was aceboogie who started this poo storm, and have Waldo squating on me. 

Possible Alt?

Doesn't matter, got off me, your weak minded people. 

He's been here 5 years with >3k posts.  

I've noticed @Waldopie-ing anti Darnold posts.  He hasn't posted since April.

Those posts seem to indicate he wanted Fields and LT rounds 1 and 2 or maybe OL in both rounds.

I don't think he's happy with  Fit, Rhule and Darnold atm.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

His first camp?? The man been in the league for 3 years already. Blame the Jets all you want, like we’re some first class organization that has a history of building around QBs LOL. 

Don’t be mad at me ability to see the storm before the rain hits my head. 

It takes no insight to predict failure given he hasn't been successful while playing for the Jets.  It takes a lot more insight and effort to evaluate the differences in his situation and predict potential or qualified  success.  If you are wrong and the team is doing well you can always point out anything that Darnold does wrong.  If he sucks then you can post ad nauseum about how right you are and how you could read the tea leaves. So you can get off your high horse and stop acting as if you know something no one else does. You are just taking the safe easy position which takes no effort or insight at all.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i certainly hope our GM, HC, and scouts don’t look at draft position when evaluating free agents or possible trades. that’s fanboy material, nothing more.

You sure about that? High pick busts almost always get a second shot somewhere else. Similarly performing low round picks often get bounced out of the league for similar play.

The same thing happens in the "real world". If you have a top 10 MBA, you're going to have to get fired from several firms before you stop getting jobs you aren't cut out for. 

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

i certainly hope our GM, HC, and scouts don’t look at draft position when evaluating free agents or possible trades. that’s fanboy material, nothing more.

The bias is real, GMs, HCs, scouts or not. Not trying to go to deep here, but human psychology and discrimination based on all types of biases are a real thing! Honestly, pertaining to the NFL, it likely takes place every draft season, much less free agency. I'd like to think that Rhule and company are more intellectual and analytical about scouting than your average fans--and, maybe they are--but that's anything but a certainty.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know about that. If Darnold flops while Fields and/or Jones have success, this staff might be on thinner ice than we think. I'd be willing to bet they'd be on their last swing at QB. If their next one fails while we're still struggling in the W-L column Tepper would probably be wise to move on.

You know this is a common theme here, that Tepper will be quick to move on from Rhule, when so far, he's shown a lot of patience with staff.   He kept RR and Hurney much longer than many of us anticipated.

Rhule's been here one year and we had the same record without CMC, Luke and Bradberry, losing 8 games by score.  By most account's he's overperformed.  Not to mention 60 of 70 mill contract is guaranteed.

Do you really think Tepper is going fire Rhule so quickly?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

You know this is a common theme here, that Tepper will be quick to move on from Rhule, when so far, he's shown a lot of patience with staff.   He kept RR and Hurney much longer than many of us anticipated.

Rhule's been here one year and we had the same record without CMC, Luke and Bradberry, losing 8 games by score.  By most account's he's overperformed.  Not to mention 60 of 70 mill contract is guaranteed.

Tepper is still relatively new, but he becomes a more seasoned owner as time passes. Minority ownership in the Steelers or not, he was a greenhorn trying to catch his breath. He has a better handle on things now, and has a clearer vision and plan going forward. "Quickly" is relative, but I'll say that if there's not clearly discernible improvement this season and playoffs in 2022-2023, then Rhule's seat should go from warm to hot. And by 2024 it should be scalding, if not melted away. I think that Tepper is patient, but not to a fault. He's a man of high expectations and results.

52 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

If Rhule swings and whiffs on three QBs, he's probably gone. Listen to what Tepper says. You have to have a coach, GM, and QB. If the first two can't find that third piece, then you probably don't have the right guys in place in those spots either.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Rhule swings and whiffs on three QBs, he's probably gone. Listen to what Tepper says. You have to have a coach, GM, and QB. If the first two can't find that third piece, then you probably don't have the right guys in place in those spots either.

Three QBs?  OK so the scenario we are discussing includes not only Sam's failure, but the failure of the unnamed subsequent successor.   

Why are you referencing this scenario?

8 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

@AceBoogieyou act like people care about your opinion so much that when Sam has his first bad game someone here is going to think “damn ace was right” … in all reality no one is ever going to even think of this thread or you for that matter.

So this whole “told you so” mentality you have, is just a self-stroke of your space less ego and also an extreme demonstration of your lack of social awareness and child like arrogance. 

it’s exhausting and a constant waste of space on this message board. But hey, at least you get your moment in your self loathing spotlight.

Y’all care enough that I walk away for a few hours and it’s still the #1 topic…

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Minshew had a decent season last year stats wise, but you have to wonder how much was just garbage time. He started hot against Indy and Tennessee but really cooled off until his last game but they lost 40-14, so was Baltimore just in prevent? 1-8 as a starter makes you wonder. Losing by 18 to Miami, 16 to Houston, 26 to Baltimore, 18 to Detroit, 21 to Tennessee, 8 to Cincy and 10 to the Chargers we’re his last 7 games.

I thought Minshew would be a decent add but he really didn’t get any play in the off-season and he did get benched mid-season for Mike Glennon who put up numbers just a bit worse than Minshew. Glennon’s not starting anywhere else.

Minshew broke his thumb/tore some ligaments in his throwing hand and hid the injury from the team early in the season on October 11th. He got benched when it came to light and then after he healed they wouldn't start him because the tank was in full force. As much as I like Minshew, I like Lawrence and Wilson better so I don't blame them. 

Either way Minshew was still able to throw for more TDs in a season (16) than Teddy ever has (15) with a busted up hand and only starting 8 Games.

Minshew was at the top of my "Realistic QB Options" wishlist this offseason, and unless we full on tank next season and are primed for a top QB in the draft, He'll be at the top of my list next season too.

Only If Darnold continues to suck though. If Darnold gets better I have no issues rolling with him moving forward. I'm pulling for Darnold but he wasn't anywhere near my top choices to replace Teddy.

• Beer 1