• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst with a clean pocket, the worst in the red zone…

AceBoogie

10 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

His 4th camp....

His 1st with us, a lot of the same excuses / hype were made for T2G, I'm waiting to see. However; I was 100% on board with Fields, talent / value of the rookie contract with Sam AT THAT TIME only on a 1yr / 4M deal. 

I would have let them battle it out in camp, and used the money to sign a corner this off-season or next. I'd have been ok going after a Peterson, Sam doesn't strike me as a get us to the playoffs talent, and I don't see anything in his game that could be considered elite -- at least with guys like Cam (early), Lamarr, Russel, Kyler, and even Josh Allen is they possess upper tier athleticism so even if you say they process slower:

1) You have to account for them in the run game, short yardage / redzone

2) Limits man coverage as the DBs eyes are off the QB

3) Makes the HB better

Now if you want to throw in the OSU QB stigma, USC HAS THAT SAME STIGMA (Leinart, Sanchez, JDB, Barkley, etc.)

Not with the Brady Bunch.  The Jets had a terrible staff, scheme, and personnel.  Tom Brady would have sucked there. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I actually saw a video the other day that said Darnolds receivers were horrible. So it doesn’t matter how good your pocket it if your receivers aren’t open or are dropping passes 

I don’t know why they would say that? It’s demonstrably false and ignorant.

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I actually saw a video the other day that said Darnolds receivers were horrible. So it doesn’t matter how good your pocket it if your receivers aren’t open or are dropping passes 

I'm pretty sure those same receivers had a horrible QB too. Who doesn't get the ball out quick enough, makes poor reads, and throws to the other team.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Not with the Brady Bunch.  The Jets had a terrible staff, scheme, and personnel.  Tom Brady would have sucked there. 

Look at how Gase used Leveon Bell. Bell was at one time a prolific receiver out of the backfield and Gase turned him into a between the tackles power back. He didn't know how to use players and it was painfully obvious. I would rather have Mike Shula leading my offense than Adam Gase. I don't know if Darnold will be any good or if he will suck. But I can't think of a worse situation for any QB to come into as a rookie. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1