• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst with a clean pocket, the worst in the red zone…

AceBoogie

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

I think I frustrate people here sometimes.  I enjoy the engagement and disagreement.  I learn a lot from it.  I thought that is why people came here...to share their opinions, disagree, discuss...and in the end cheer on the Panthers.  

Before I joined I read this post:

Why Darnold won't be bad - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

And when I read some of responses, I was like wtf.  Is this still a Panthers board?

So I decided to finally join, be vocal, and share my opinions.

This literally says everything.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Having said that its incredibly telling to me that with his resume, skill set and size that he dropped like a rock.

What did it tell you?

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not smart enough to break down his film and see how it translates to the NFL but to me I think if all of those qb needy teams looked at his tape and still passed then maybe there is something to the whole "he cannot process a NFL defense fast enough" theory.  Plus he locks on receivers far too much and that is an incredibly bad habit in the NFL

I don't remember those things being a big issue, but I could be wrong.

My recollection is word got out that he's known to be a "last-in, first-out" kinda guy and the whole issue of work-ethic came into question...

13 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What did it tell you?

I don't remember those things being a big issue, but I could be wrong.

My recollection is word got out that he's known to be a "last-in, first-out" kinda guy and the whole issue of work-ethic came into question...

The knocks on him was that he stares down receivers and when he played the 2 nfl style defenses he looked horrendous and completely rattled.  Northwestern and illi 

It’s a fresh slate Sam is as old as some rookies he is a rookie that had a couple years to play in the nfl if he erased that in his mind we will too , let’s give him a fresh start and then if he is bad we can bash him but until week 3 let’s give him a fair chance 😃 . Let’s hope for the best we don’t need him to be mahomes we need him to be decent enough for mccaffrey to punch it in 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Italianpantherfan said:

It’s a fresh slate Sam is as old as some rookies he is a rookie that had a couple years to play in the nfl if he erased that in his mind we will too

Sam is a seasoned NFL veteran, period.  In game #6 this season he will have already played for an amount of time equal to the length of the average NFL career.

Stop with the excuses....and FYI, you only make him look worse by suggesting "he's still a rookie" after he's already played 3 full NFL seasons --- calls his intellect into question.

1 hour ago, Italianpantherfan said:

let’s give him a fresh start and then if he is bad we can bash him but until week 3 let’s give him a fair chance

He's already been given a "fresh start" and a "fair chance" by the only people who matter -- Tepper & Rhule. (and "given" is the operative term, handed to him on a silver platter!  NO competition for Sam and his fragile psyche!!)

In the meantime "we" don't owe him anything.  "We" can hope for the best for him while simultaneously having and expressing an opinion about how he may or may-not perform...including, but not limited to, "bashing him".

America is a great place, free country it is...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

37 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Sam is a seasoned NFL veteran, period.  In game #6 this season he will have already played for an amount of time equal to the length of the average NFL career.

Stop with the excuses....and FYI, you only make him look worse by suggesting "he's still a rookie" after he's already played 3 full NFL seasons --- calls his intellect into question.

He's already been given a "fresh start" and a "fair chance" by the only people who matter -- Tepper & Rhule. (and "given" is the operative term, handed to him on a silver platter!  NO competition for Sam and his fragile psyche!!)

In the meantime "we" don't owe him anything.  "We" can hope for the best for him while simultaneously having and expressing an opinion about how he may or may-not perform...including, but not limited to, "bashing him".

America is a great place, free country it is...

You claim everyone has an opinion. Yet your first sentence kinda goes against that. But yeah, ain't it a great country?

21 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I liked fields, I thought his deep ball is incredible.  I love his mobility as well.  Having said that its incredibly telling to me that with his resume, skill set and size that he dropped like a rock.  I am not smart enough to break down his film and see how it translates to the NFL but to me I think if all of those qb needy teams looked at his tape and still passed then maybe there is something to the whole "he cannot process a NFL defense fast enough" theory.  Plus he locks on receivers far too much and that is an incredibly bad habit in the NFL

Drop like a rock??? He was projected to be the 3rd/4th QB drafted. The Niners preferred Lance which left the Lions as the next team at 7 needing a QB (and they just got Goff). He dropped to 11? You know around the area Mahomes and Watson were drafted. Dropping like a rock would be Rodgers going from potentially 1 to 24.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Sam is a seasoned NFL veteran, period. 

Yes.  Not many NFL QB's have 3 years and are as young as some rookies.

We agree here.

NO competition for Sam and his fragile psyche!!I

"Fragile psyche" isn't supported by the preponderance of the evidence.  He didn't break down with the merciless NY media, the crappy jets oline, crappy jets wrs,  crappy coaches, crappy scheme, crappy snapping, the internet meme generators, or the incessant ghost jokes that btw weren't really funny the first time,  and now years later have grown beyond old.

We didn't trade Teddy to protect Sam.  TB's guarantee would have went from $10 million to $17 million if he was Carolina's Week 1 roster.  We saved $6 million in 2021 and $26 million in 2022.  That sixth round pick we got for Teddy, we used to trade up to get BC.  

In the meantime "we" don't owe him anything. 

You're right... you can welcome him with derision and bashing if you like.

I personally didn't like the pick at the time either.  I've chosen to try to see how this can work.  You should try it.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 1