• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst with a clean pocket, the worst in the red zone…

AceBoogie

45 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I think you know exactly how this would work out. A mid major QB, with those stats? Yeah

Come on, be honest. Tell us how you truly feel?

Even in that scenario, Sam shows up to combine and grabs attention. Just off-season shooting the S.

Me- Im looking forward to being a general in the sunshine gang come 2022, very hopefully Sam is the "guy" and very aware of his last 3 years...

Tannehill is night and day better at taking care of the football and managing the offense by taking what the defense gives him than he was in Miami. In order for him to achieve that he is not asked to sling it like other quarterbacks because he has the most physical rb in the league and a very stout line. He ranked 21st out of 32 qb's in average passing yards per game. Lower than even three yards and a cloud of dust Teddy Bridgewater at 17. Sam will not have this luxury unfortunately. He will have one of the best backs in the game but a line in flux. He will almost certainly be throwing it more than Ryan T and as much or more than Teddy did. He will have to be as efficient as Tannehill has become.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Even in that scenario, Sam shows up to combine and grabs attention. Just off-season shooting the S.

Me- Im looking forward to being a general in the sunshine gang come 2022, very hopefully Sam is the "guy" and very aware of his last 3 years...

I'm sorry, but mid major QBs with iffy stats, are not usually invited to the Combine.

So we'll see you next year. I mean, what's wrong with being a General this year? You need this year to see if you want to join next year or not? 

I mean the whole point of us trading for him was in the hope that a fresh start would kind of be just that? Him restarting his career as basically a 23 year old rookie with some experience to boot. 

I still don't agree with the decision to pass on fields but we at least have to see how he does on the field before outright calling it a failure

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I mean the whole point of us trading for him was in the hope that a fresh start would kind of be just that? Him restarting his career as basically a 23 year old rookie with some experience to boot. 

I still don't agree with the decision to pass on fields but we at least have to see how he does on the field before outright calling it a failure

Yep, that's the only thing I'll come back to.  I'm embracing the moves we've made but a combo of a Willie Jackson/Shaq Griffin CB with a fresh new QB in Fields could've been had with the rest of the draft holding as is.  But alas.  We like him and are treating him basically like a second life, rookie 2.0 that they viewed better than Fields and that Mac Jones fella.  

Darnold is here, all we can do is wait and see how he cooks it up with Brady.  

• Pie 1