• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DET Acquires Alex Nedeljkovic from CAR for Jonathan Bernier, 3rd-Round Pick

trueblue

29 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Bernier is a UFA as of the 28th. I’m assuming we are going to sign him for 1-1.5 or perhaps even let him walk if we get a better situation. I feel like we are going to target a moderately high priced goalie. 

We better. It's the only way to make up for the monumental mistake. Letting go of your franchise goaltender that you drafted and is getting ready to hit his prime is fuging stupid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Bernier is a UFA as of the 28th. I’m assuming we are going to sign him for 1-1.5 or perhaps even let him walk if we get a better situation. I feel like we are going to target a moderately high priced goalie. 

Bernier made $3M in each of the last 3 seasons. No way the Canes will get him for 1/3 of that

20 minutes ago, RedStorm said:

Don Waddell promised there’s more to come, adding, “the Atlanta Thrashers weren’t built in a day, you know!”  So patience, boys, patience… 😉

Really? He used the Atlanta Thrashers as an example? I sincerely hope this was an attempt at humor. 

• Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I'm still fuging livid about this!

Dundon will not see a dime of my money again. And, neither will any of the sponsors.

I'm not sure this is all on Waddell. As has been mentioned, maybe Ned took an opportunity that he saw a better future with than here. If Ned was intent on staying in Raleigh and thought this was his best opportunity, his agent would not have played hardball the way he did.

Edited by Anybodyhome

2 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I'm still fuging livid about this!

Dundon will not see a dime of my money again. And, neither will any of the sponsors.

Yeah this decision pretty much dooms Carolina for the foreseeable future unless we can nab a young goal tender entering his prime, which I don't see happening. I'm not wasting my time with the team anymore until they start making the decisions to put this team over the top. If we want to be a great team, great teams don't get rid of their franchise goal tenders who just hit their prime and has the potential to be one of the best in the league. We are heading right back to the same Canes who missed the playoffs for 9 years.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Another thing to consider is Detroit is only about 2 hours from Parma, Ohio. Not a plane ride or 8 hour drive from Raleigh, I would not be surprised if that factored into things as Ned seems like a pretty family oriented person. 

Another consideration is his fiance is a nursing student at MSU I think