• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn has the most ridiculous coverage resume ever

Icege

I like Horn and this guy does good videos and I’m definitely hyped but just so I don’t get overly excited and potentially let down I just feel the need to say that I bought into the Isaiah Oliver hype from him a few years back and that guy was a massive bust... 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

I really, really like the idea of building a complete team that allows a young QB to be brought in and helped out so that they're not brutalized into a shortened career.

Imagine if Cam came in to the NFL and the team had a legitimate defense those first two seasons.

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

Well we passed on the potential 4th best remaining rookie QB. Consider that a TE even got drafted before him. A TE... 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Well we passed on the potential 4th best remaining rookie QB. Consider that a TE even got drafted before him. A TE... 

Patrick Mahomes had three receivers and two running backs taken before him. Drafts can be weird who knows how the kid will be 5 years from now.

Edited by frankw

now that I've watched the video, I feel even better about my suspicions that we've drafted our best corner ever, and a chance to be the best player we've ever drafted.  Kollman, who I've never heard of, obviously knows what he's talking about, and for him to say Jaycee is the best he's seen since Ramsey is pretty impressive.  I'm not sure I've ever been more excited about a draft pick.

Also, I hope to see more posts from Kollman. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

It seems pretty obvious that you rate Fields way more than our coaching staff did. I was pretty excited at the prospect of getting Lawrence or Fields heading into last season myself. But many teams clearly cooled down on Fields. Two relatively small school QBs went ahead of him.

My point is you can lose sleep at night comparing Fields to Horn for the next three seasons but it doesn’t appear our staff was all that interested in him. Whether it was Horn or someone else, it’s likely we were taking someone other than Fields regardless. So comparing them all season is pointless. We clearly didn’t want him. Whether that is was the right or wrong opinion remains to be seen. But he wasn’t ever coming to Carolina.

• Pie 1

I'll never forget chilling with Joe Charlton in my apartment here in South End, 2 months before the draft and before Horn really got everyones attention.... He told my friends and I that Horn was "BY FAR the best corner in the draft." At the time I was thinking it was Surtain, but he told me Horn was 10xs better and the best athlete he had ever seen...

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It seems pretty obvious that you rate Fields way more than our coaching staff did. I was pretty excited at the prospect of getting Lawrence or Fields heading into last season myself. But many teams clearly cooled down on Fields. Two relatively small school QBs went ahead of him.

My point is you can lose sleep at night comparing Fields to Horn for the next three seasons but it doesn’t appear our staff was all that interested in him. Whether it was Horn or someone else, it’s likely we were taking someone other than Fields regardless. So comparing them all season is pointless. We clearly didn’t want him. Whether that is was the right or wrong opinion remains to be seen. But he wasn’t ever coming to Carolina.

I know fans can get upset at the draft. I mean, I can get a bit upset myself. But after a while, you just gotta let it go man. I mean, after so long who cares. I just don't get it. For us fans harping on the past has no bearing on the future.  

I guess it's all part of being a fan. It takes all kinds. I tell ya what.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2