• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micheal Thomas Injury

shaq

2 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

If we need an opposing team to have an injury or two to have a good chance at winning we need to do some soul searching and reevaluation of our roster! 

Ice up young man. I want to know what we have in OUR team and that means playing good teams at their best. 

Only posted this as we play them early in the season when he’s gonna be out. To be honest I think we would kick their ass with or without Thomas he’s got Mr. Crab Fingers as his QB. Micheal Thomas is a  great player and I wish him a great recovery. 

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Even if he was on the field, their QB situation isn't any better than ours. Sucks he's gonna miss the game but well, it is what it is. 

Their QB situation sucks, but losing their all pro wr especially with their next best wr being Trequan Smith is a recipe for disaster. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Week 1 (Home) vs. Jets

Week 2 (Home) vs. Saints

Week 3 (Away) vs. Texans

With some of Saints starpower out for our week 2 matchup, the first 3 weeks will be vital in building Sam's Confidence. We should start this season off 3-0.

As I said in another thread earlier, we SHOULD beat them even with Thomas with everyone they lost since last season, but this certainly makes it easier. Just like losing Julio makes ATL a weaker team.

• Pie 1

“The plan was for him to have a minor ankle cleanup after the end of the season,” Rapoport said. “What I found out last night was that in June he had a major ankle surgery. It was to repair torn ligaments in his ankle – about a four-month recovery. So what you’re looking at is missing the first several weeks of the season – maybe five, six or seven – if everything goes well.”

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/new-orleans-saints/nfl-insider-shares-details-on-michael-thomas-injury

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

As I said in another thread earlier, we SHOULD beat them even with Thomas with everyone they lost since last season, but this certainly makes it easier. Just like losing Julio makes ATL a weaker team.

Personally, I would have liked to see Horn vs. Thomas. Guess that'll have to wait till later in the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Personally, I would have liked to see Horn vs. Thomas. Guess that'll have to wait till later in the season.

That's a tall order for week 2 of Horn's rookie season. It'll be frikin awesome when we play them week 16! Best showdown since Norman vs OBJ (hopefully without the blatant disregard for safety).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

That's a tall order for week 2 of Horn's rookie season. It'll be frikin awesome when we play them week 16! Best showdown since Norman vs OBJ (hopefully without the blatant disregard for safety).

Yeah lol it is. That's why I wanted to see it. I wanted to see if he was up to the task. Like how he would approach the matchup or if he would throw a lil trash talk in there. Definitely can't wait. 

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, shaq said:

Of course couldn’t agree more. I was just talking about the implications of his injury for us, as we play them early in the season.

With Thomas out and Onyemata suspended, not to mention the cap casualties and new QB there, we have a real shot at beating this team.

• Pie 2

On 7/23/2021 at 7:46 AM, Ivan The Awesome said:

Even if he was on the field, their QB situation isn't any better than ours. Sucks he's gonna miss the game but well, it is what it is. 

There aren't many QB's Darnold is assured to be better than but Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol is one of them.