• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Rodgers to retire?

Ja  Rhule

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
10 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Aaron Rodgers, and Devante Adams say hi. Green Bays reputation has taken a big hit lately. They've had Rodger his whole career. And won 1 SB. I wouldn't say they were ever the gold standard.

That's what happens when you have Stockholders. Profits over glory.

Expand  

The Packers compete year in and year out. They have a total of four losing seasons since we entered the league. We have a total of seven winning seasons in that same timeframe. I wouldn't say they're the absolute gold standard either, but they're certainly one of the better ran teams in the league. 

Since 1995 (26 seasons):

Packers = 19 playoffs appearances, 38 playoff games, 21 playoff game wins, 2 Super Bowl titles.

Panthers = 8 playoff appearances, 17 playoff games, 9 playoff game wins, 0 Super Bowl titles.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

10 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Aaron Rodgers, and Devante Adams say hi. Green Bays reputation has taken a big hit lately. They've had Rodger his whole career. And won 1 SB. I wouldn't say they were ever the gold standard.

That's what happens when you have Stockholders. Profits over glory.

This has to be the dumbest Huddle post of 2021 to date. Congrats on that milestone.

Not that this clown ever showed much inclination towards knowing much about the NFL but....wow. Impressive.

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:
25 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

How many teams have won 2 or more Super Bowls in last 30 years?

It's like 8-9 teams, right?

In the last 30 years only 3 teams have won more than 2 Super Bowls and they are:

Patriots (6), Cowboys (3), Broncos (3).

In that same time frame 5 other teams have won 2 Super Bowl titles and they are:

Packers (2), Steelers (2), Giants(2*), Buc's (2), Ravens (2).

The 30 games are rounded out with 8 teams who won a solo title and they are:

Eagles, Redskins, Seahawks, Rams, Saints, 49ers, Chiefs, Colts.

*Giants would have 3 if the time-frame were expanded to 31-years.

Two (2) seems like pretty goof company to me...

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Packers "stockholders" are that in name only...they do not, nor have they ever shared in any "profits".

In fact, the franchise operates under a not-for-profit corporate structure and is the only NFL for which annual financial statements/information is available to the general public...

...some starter reading here if you're interested: 

https://shareholder.broadridge.com/pdf/gbp/green-bay-packers-2020-annual-report.pdf

Good stuff. Funny how people rag on one of, if not the most loyal fan bases  in football.  Something Charlotte doesn’t have. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Good stuff. Funny how people rag on one of, if not the most loyal fan bases  in football.  Something Charlotte doesn’t have. 

If you are trashing the history of the Packers or their success, and you AREN'T a division rival....you are just a plain dumbass. 

I would kill to have the current or historic success that Green Bay has had. 

17 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If only….

I wouldn't have wanted Harbaugh. He's far better suited to college coaching (though you wouldn't know it right now). 

Riddick? Is he really that good or is he another Jon Gruden like guy with a know it all image because he's got no accountability? I honestly don't know. 

And Fields? Well, we know where that stands. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't have wanted Harbaugh. He's far better suited to college coaching (though you wouldn't know it right now). 

Riddick? Is he really that good or is he another Jon Gruden like guy with a know it all image because he's got no accountability? I honestly don't know. 

And Fields? Well, we know where that stands. 

I think Harbaugh did better in the NFL personally. He took that Niners team on 3 great playoff runs and made their QBs look pretty great. He had an 8-8 record his last year, but it was known all year he was on his way out. Kind of hard to get players to buy in to a coach who is already on his way out. So he had his team in the NFC championship his first 3 years with a Super Bowl appearance in there and 500 his last year on his way out. I would love to see what he could do with a QB like Fields. Don’t get me wrong, I like Rhule/Fitts and think the team is trending in the right direction. Jim and Fields would have just been a dream scenario for me.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If you are trashing the history of the Packers or their success, and you AREN'T a division rival....you are just a plain dumbass. 

I would kill to have the current or historic success that Green Bay has had. 

I agree.  I think it’s just people are envious of teams like that, they juat win year after year.   

• Beer 1