Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Aaron Rodgers to retire?


Recommended Posts

I can understand his frustration with the Packers but I get the vibe he's just tired of seeing someone like Tom stockpile more and more rings and even young stars like Mahomes joining in. You could argue GB has been inconsistent with their defense over the years but they have still been one of the more competitive teams overall. I rooted for the Packers when they won it all some years back but Aaron has peeled back his persona quite a bit since then and shown he likes to make it about himself a little too much. But he's going to be just fine regardless of all this and he's plenty wealthy with numerous options after football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

 

They have done a fair job of putting pieces around Arod. The RB position is always a ? They can never seem to quite figure out the WR position. They had a great D for years, lately, not so much. 

 

They did well with what they have. Stockholders. They never spend their Cap. They under pay anyone that let's them. And now they have lost the last great GB QB.

 

We'll see how they fare, now that they don't have a HOF QB.

They compete year in and year out. Period. They're aren't many organizations that Panthers fans can look at and laugh at. The Packers certainly aren't among them. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

I heard that the annual stockholders' meeting is this coming week.  That one should be interesting.

Rogers is a narcissistic prick who has made sure he is the center of attention.  The losers are the GB fans. Those fans who fill the stadium in 20 below weather deserve better.

 

In the last 30 years. GB has had 2 QBs, both HOFers. Yet won a whopping 2 SBs. Not sure how they get the rep of being some great place to play?

 

As a lifelong Lions fan, I can tell you this. Brett was a much better foe than Rodgers. It's almost like Rodgers never got over the perceived draft snub. During weekly interviews he was snarky, and terse with opponents Press. 

 

A Detroit Free Press writer called him A-hole. He lost his job, but he was a hero around the Detroit area. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They compete year in and year out. Period. They're aren't many organizations that Panthers fans can look at and laugh at. The Packers certainly aren't among them. 

 

They have had 2 QBs in the last 30 years. Both HOFers. They should compete every year. Period. Hellz, one could argue they have underperformed considering.

 

Also, have you seen the Division they play in. People poo on the Division the Patriots play for them getting half their wins. But let's not use that against the vaunted Packers. 

 

Nobody said anything about laughing at anybody. Nice spin there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They compete year in and year out. Period. They're aren't many organizations that Panthers fans can look at and laugh at. The Packers certainly aren't among them. 

Yea everytime I come back here I'm reminded of just how much of a backwater for football discussion this place is lol. He then goes on to mention poo that the best organizations do...you know like...having only 2 QBs in the last 30 years. Only find that on the best teams.

Doing the same thing with Rodgers they did with Favre and now these yokels who only watch First Take just run with whatever they are told on there about how the Packers are "mismanaging" lol. Hell if anything the NFL will be more than willing to triple down to make sure the league doesn't end up like the NBA, much less a 1 ring having Diva of a QB from GB gonna be runnin poo. But honestly Rodgers hates the media and loves trolling them, so who knows.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

 

They have had 2 QBs in the last 30 years. Both HOFers. They should compete every year. Period. Hellz, one could argue they have underperformed considering.

 

Also, have you seen the Division they play in. People poo on the Division the Patriots play for them getting half their wins. But let's not use that against the vaunted Packers. 

 

Nobody said anything about laughing at anybody. Nice spin there.

The division they play in...

Vikings: 13 winning seasons since '95.

Bears: 8 winning seasons since '95

Lions: 7 winning seasons since '95

Reminder, the Panthers have 7 winning seasons since '95. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea everytime I come back here I'm reminded of just how much of a backwater for football discussion this place is lol. He then goes on to mention poo that the best organizations do...you know like...having only 2 QBs in the last 30 years. Only find that on the best teams.

Doing the same thing with Rodgers they did with Favre and now these yokels who only watch First Take just run with whatever they are told on there about how the Packers are "mismanaging" lol. Hell if anything the NFL will be more than willing to triple down to make sure the league doesn't end up like the NBA, much less a 1 ring having Diva of a QB from GB gonna be runnin poo. But honestly Rodgers hates the media and loves trolling them, so who knows.

 

We never even noticed you were gone.

 

Oh, and name me 1 team that has had only 2 QBs in the last 30 years that only won 2 Titles? C'mon Man. I'll wait.

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

Thats true, except that's not how it works in reality when a player takes a year off. After a whole season of Jordan Love they will be in a rock and hard place and a whole year out of football kinda proves the player is dead serious and irreconcilable. What do you hold him in spite with your new bride? Nope, they have to let him go or trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Lions did with Berry Sanders. Ricky Williams had the same situation as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The division they play in...

Vikings: 13 winning seasons since '95.

Bears: 8 winning seasons since '95

Lions: 7 winning seasons since '95

Reminder, the Panthers have 7 winning seasons since '95. 

 

Vikings: 13 losing seasons since '95

Bears: 18 losing seasons since '95

Lions: 19 losing seasons since '95

 

Packers: 21 winning seasons since '95. Yeah, lot's of competition.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

 

Vikings: 13 losing seasons since '95

Bears: 18 losing seasons since '95

Lions: 19 losing seasons since '95

 

Packers: 21 winning seasons since '95. Yeah, lot's of competition.

 

I wish you had the self awareness to realize how much trash you talk indirectly about the Panthers while upholding yourself as the ultimate fan. You're basically insinuating that their division is trash while we would be tied for last in that division for winning seasons since our inception. We have the fewest in the NFC South too since it's inception in its current form in '02. 

Just not a whole lot of reflection going on before you throw shade at other organizations for having a history that shines a lot brighter than our own.

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish you had the self awareness to realize how much trash you talk indirectly about the Panthers while upholding yourself as the ultimate fan. You're basically insinuating that their division is trash while we would be tied for last in that division for winning seasons since our inception. We have the fewest in the NFC South too since it's inception in its current form in '02. 

Just not a whole lot of reflection going on before you throw shade at other organizations for having a history that shines a lot brighter than our own.

 

That's all well and good. Except we are talking about the Packers. You were the only one to bring up the Panthers. Damm dude, you really are bad at this aren't you?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...