• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson has grown into a leader, and grown

Good to hear. All any Panthers fan out there wants save for a few who just want to watch the world burn is to see Shaq become the player we sought when we drafted him and signed him to a lucrative extension. Those who only seek to deflect criticism at the mere mention of higher expectations only make us look like soft babies to the rest of our division who have enjoyed kicking our asses lately.

Edited by frankw

"

"But this year, let's come together as a defense, let's be more than just playing as teammates, let's play for each other. Let's play as brothers"

He also played through some shoulder injuries that kept him from being the best version of himself. Now healthy, he was able to spend enough time in a weight room this year to add 10 pounds, after playing in the 225-pound range last year.

"

Edited by SBBlue
  • Beer 2

"

He's the guy who has become a mentor for a young defense, while still young himself at 27.
So if you see him in the store, be nice to him. He's earned that much.

"

Have people been mean to Shaq in the store?

It seems that he played with two awesome LB's in Davis and Luke, but just hasn't stepped up, but is being paid very well.

In the Jermaine Carter interview he talked how he learned how to study Os from Luke and he really showed out last year.

Did Shaq not learn those study techniques, did he not implement them, or is it just not something that he's really good at?  Because I don't think his play was because he was 10 pounds too light. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Have people been mean to Shaq in the store?

From the article.

When Snow said that earlier this summer, it got some attention in the media, which Thompson found out one day while buying groceries.

"I was at Harris Teeter," Thompson said with a laugh. "And some guy walks up and like 'Shaq?' And I turned around and he said: 'You put on 10 pounds?' I'm like, what the hell, you don't talk to people like that. At least ask how I'm doing first."

Edited by frankw

12 hours ago, AU-panther said:

You become a leader by playing well during to season.

All these offseason, feel good, leader stories are overrated.

Concur.

Wish Shaq nothing but the best...

...but that pablum is pitiful and embarrassing.