• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson reporting to Texans training camp

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Why is commish waiting on this now? Any other time he's handed out punishment before any decision has been made no matter if it was true or false.

The NFLPA has long argued against the arbitrary nature of these punishments. This is another example.

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Why is commish waiting on this now? Any other time he's handed out punishment before any decision has been made no matter if it was true or false.

Rothlisburger was the first NFL player to be be penalized without being charged or arrested and the penalty was given shortly after charges were dropped/settled in 2010. Despite weird poo like the first victim bragging about sleeping with him a day after it happened. The second, didn’t want any charges brought after a settlement. I bring this up only because of similarities, not for argument sake.

I also feel this is a similar situation yet a different environment. The me too movement…the fact Watson isn’t white etc. Lots to consider here before coming down with the hammer avoiding some sort social injustice outrage. 

That said, the NFL usually waits and this that is nothing new, as happened with Rothlisburger. Frankly it’s lazy, and a means to cover up facts. Use whatever is found publicly to fuel the penalty while at the same time ignore the details. Rothlisburger for instance, despite no charges and just settlements was penalized for conduct, nothing illegal. Just the fact he was drunk and irresponsible. Nothing regarding the actual alleged rape…because that’s obviously a lifetime ban from the NFL I’d think.

Basically, let’s see what the money can cover up what and penalize accordingly.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

So Greg Hardy got shut down for an entire season but NFL gonna NFL and do nothing now. I guess COVID is their next overreacting. 😒

People are still upset about that? Greg killed his own career and hurt the team in the process. His antics in Dallas slammed the door shut.

12 hours ago, Snake said:

So Greg Hardy got shut down for an entire season but NFL gonna NFL and do nothing now. I guess COVID is their next overreacting. 😒

I’m still fuging pissed at JR for bending over and letting that happen. $14M in cap space down the drain because of that nonsense.

• Pie 1