• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson reporting to Texans training camp

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, t96 said:

I’m still fuging pissed at JR for bending over and letting that happen. $14M in cap space down the drain because of that nonsense.

It was a idiotic overreaction like this years jab protocols. Either say to the non jab players get the shot or forfet the season. Or just keep the same covid protocols in place like they should be doing anyway and forget about the non jab players. Either way punishing an entire team whenever they feel like it is the most absurd thing I've heard of. Completely stupid.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Watson has done the same...

Well you'll get no argument out of me about that. But unless Watson is formally charged and sentenced he will get more leeway as a young franchise quarterback than Hardy did as a late round defensive end.

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well you'll get no argument out of me about that. But unless Watson is formally charged and sentenced he will get more leeway as a young franchise quarterback than Hardy did as a late round defensive end.

Greg Hardy was never formally charged and his case was dismissed because his GF lied. So...

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

Greg Hardy was never formally charged and his case was dismissed because his GF lied. So...

Hardy had a second chance though. But he ended up creating a public rift in the locker room and getting arrested for cocaine possession 🤷‍♂️

53 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hardy had a second chance though. But he ended up creating a public rift in the locker room and getting arrested for cocaine possession 🤷‍♂️

Still doesn't explain the double standard because that happened when he was in Dallas. Watson should be on the list until all court proceedings are finished like Hardy.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Still doesn't explain the double standard because that happened when he was in Dallas. Watson should be on the list until all court proceedings are finished like Hardy.

I agree there is a double standard and Watson should be on the exempt list by now. But you have to remember that went down around the same time as the Ray Rice elevator footage was all over the internet. That was all in one summer. The league needed to make an example and timing doomed Hardy's career.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I agree there is a double standard and Watson should be on the exempt list by now. But you have to remember that went down around the same time as the Ray Rice elevator footage was all over the internet. That was all in one summer. The league needed to make an example and timing doomed Hardy's career.

Yeah my point is the NFL is inconsistent as hell and loves to ruine careers in the process.