• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep and remember at least one of the women isn't just accusing him of a rub and tug, but actual sex that she says was NOT consensual, but she was too scared/intimidated to stop it.  That's rape, period.  Sure, let's make him the face of our franchise after the League smacks him on the hand.

I respect you guys for saying this--- I was going through some stuff and did not know about the rape--I was thinking only propositions.  Still, some will follow this by saying, "Win at all costs!!!" and it will not bother them--they would want him on the team regardless.  These are the mindsets that put women in these situations--when they glamorize a rapist by trivializing his crimes, they are part of the problem.  Still, those without morality and ethics will not see this logic--they will call us soft because they are so hard core.  Lack the empathy to put their sisters or mothers under him and visualize what that must have been like.

I don't think anyone is touching this trade until the criminal aspect of the investigation is closed. 

If it were just civil, I could see a trade going down. The criminal investigation makes it much less probable. 

Having said all this, My neighbor is a defense attorney (used to practice in Texas actually) and said during the draft that any team that needed a QB should trade for him now while the price is low because he is most likely walking away with a slap on the wrist. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't think anyone is touching this trade until the criminal aspect of the investigation is closed. 

If it were just civil, I could see a trade going down. The criminal investigation makes it much less probable. 

Having said all this, My neighbor is a defense attorney (used to practice in Texas actually) and said during the draft that any team that needed a QB should trade for him now while the price is low because he is most likely walking away with a slap on the wrist. 

If the Texans were willing to accept less that would make sense, but the Texans are pretty much writing a textbook on how not to handle a sticky situation. So far, they've pretty much chosen the dumbest option available at every turn and seem committed to stay that course.

• Pie 2

Regardless of what people thought of Jerry Richardson and his relative effectiveness as the owner of this organization, I remember some folks here were ready to march down Mint street to BOA with pitchforks and torches to yank his but out of his plush office at BOA for the casual Fridays fiasco--aka "jeans Friday".  These same folks are either mum on Watson now or in some twisted way in favor for trading for him once his suspension is served.  Jerry  couldn't play QB at a high level though...  Point being, wrong is wrong and twisting logic into a pretzel trying to justify Watson here after throwing the founder of this organization to the gators as chum bait for similar, but WAAAAAAAAY less serious offenses is beyond mind-numbing.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Texans were willing to accept less that would make sense, but the Texans are pretty much writing a textbook on how not to handle a sticky situation. So far, they've pretty much chosen the dumbest option available at every turn and seem committed to stay that course.

Only explanation is the ignorant FO is just doing a “dumb” check or putting him out there if a team loses its QB and gets desperate. They can’t play him now. Or ever. He’s an asset only now. Or maybe liability is closer. Can’t add injured to issues. 

50 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Winning may cure it for some men, it doesn't necessarily for women. If we were talking about 1, maybe 2 incidents, then yeah, it might be able to be brushed aside. We're talking 22 different women making allegations. If it does turn out to be true and Watson is putting on a Panthers uniform, I won't be watching. I don't care if he wins. 

No one will ever know how much is "true." This will get settled, out of court, way before it ever goes to trial. There will never be a criminal prosecution because the evidence is flimsy at best. 

Having a legitimate young franchise QB, and the success that will follow from it, is worth much more than whatever lost revenue (if any) comes from the limpwrists that stop watching the team. 

32 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would also like to point out that TOM BRADY would have sucked in NY (Jets) last season.  That was the worst run franchise I have ever witnessed. 

Can there ever be a thread where someone isn't trying to garner sympathy for Sam bc he played on a bad team? None of our opponents are going to go easy on us because the Jets were trash.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Regardless of what people thought of Jerry Richardson and his relative effectiveness as the owner of this organization,

Jerry did fire two Panthers cheerleaders for having sex with each other in a Tampa nightclub bathroom.  "Banana Joes", if that's related to the conversation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216124 

The cheerleaders were kicked off the team Monday for violating a signed code of conduct, Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said. The two violated a rule that bans conduct that's embarrassing to the
team or organization.

In the police report, witnesses claimed they were having sex with each other in a stall when other patrons grew angry that the two were taking so long in the bathroom.