• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At that price, no. And frankly, that was true before the legal stuff began. Not sure the Panthers will be either. 

I wouldn't bet on that. 

The Panthers might be willing to wait and see, but I'm. Ot buying that everyone will. 

Who would willingly get into a PR poo show before you are absolutely sure of the outcome? None of these organisations need to get any of that possible stench on themselves.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I am basing this on the time of year and the baggage--but he may know.  Still, until he hits the market--desperate men do desperate things.

I don't think we're "desperate" by any stretch.

Nor do I buy that the "David Tepper will pay any price" stuff was ever true. But since we now know Tepper doesn't influence football decisions, it doesn't really matter. Though mind you, I'm sure some of our dimmer bulbs will probably haul that stuff out again. 

The way some fans here look at Tepper rivals Chuck Norris Facts for level of silliness. 

Nope.  I didn't want him before the mess because of the ridiculous asking price and now he's damaged goods.  It's funny how people can have different takes on the exact same subject matter when it comes to hot button topics depending on who the person in question is. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

Deshaun wasn’t realistically obtainable before for the Panthers due to his no trade clause. That list of teams he’s willing to play for is a lot longer these days for obvious reasons. Panthers need to make a run at him to save this franchise from this QB purgatory they’ve put themselves in. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At that price, no. And frankly, that was true before the legal stuff began. Not sure the Panthers will be either. 

I wouldn't bet on that. 

The Panthers might be willing to wait and see, but I'm. Ot buying that everyone will. 

This has Philly written all over it.  Don't they have 2 1st and 2 2nds next draft?

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is very tempting, but I think we will see what we have and draft a QB if necessary.

The Jets already did that homework for us. We didn’t listen and essentially chose Darnold over Fields. The type of decisions that takes years to recover from. 

• Pie 2