• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don think he'll be traded until his current "situation" is resolved and maybe his suspension served. That would be ideal for the Panthers letting us get a good look at Darnold in the meantime.

Latest word is the league won't take any action till the legal stuff is over.

And on that front, all indications are that it's far from over. 

23 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The Jets already did that homework for us. We didn’t listen and essentially chose Darnold over Fields. The type of decisions that takes years to recover from. 

It will always be the measure of Fitterer--Darnold vs. Fields.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I believe in second chances, but historically, predators do not change their spots. He needs to take a year off and do some serious introspection. Then, I could possibly be interested. Thus far, he's shown no desire to change. I wouldn't take him now if they gave him to us straight up for a case of PBR.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Word to the folks hoping to get him at a reduced price:

Good luck with that.

Albert Breer reports that Nick Caserio is "determined" not to offer any sort of discount for a Watson trade.

Also being reported that the Texans are not in any hurry. They're willing to be patient and wait for the offer they really want. 

Wouldn't be wise for anyone to trade for him until he's in the clear with his current legal issues and any punishment by the league is 100% known. I'm not holding my breath on that coming very soon or before the season. I can absolutely see it happening before next season and us trading for him next offseason, but still find it unlikely we make it happen this year.

I’m satisfied with the way our team is being built currently. We knew before last season started that we were 2-3 years away from being a team who could compete and so far we are a little ahead of schedule based off our draft hits and after we seen what our coaches are capable of. We are set up extremely well with cap space all the way around, have little dead cap after this season, and will be entering prime position to be able to lock up our young talent coming up on second contracts (Burns, Moore, etc). I’d love to have Watson but with that baggage and giving away players and the next two drafts plus all our cap space, it does not seem like it’s worth it.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

I think so too

Defense is built to EAT right now.  Offense is loaded with speed and talent at all the skill positions.  Only thing lacking right now is the left side of the O-Line, and the HUGE question mark we have in GEQBUS.