• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Texans aren't lowering the price. 

I haven't said this about the Texans much in the past, but that's actually smart. 

Correction: a team gets him until he becomes unhappy again and forces a trade.

3 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

Absolutely you trade for him if you're Carolina. lol at the people wringing their hands at the "PR nightmare." You know what cures that? Winning. Who cares what losers like Florio and the rest of the detached-from-reality sports media might say?

Jerry Richardson would not agree with this.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Texans aren't lowering the price. 

I haven't said this about the Texans much in the past, but that's actually smart. 

I mean what are they suppose to say? I don’t really want him here, but there is definitely baggage that comes with whoever trades for him..,

40 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't have an issue with us continuing to kick the tires as the situation develops. 

It isn't like we may not have a chance that a QB is a big need during the season. Darnold has an injury history, he is a bust and his backups are not dependable. 

If it pans out that way, it would probably be better to ride out the season (again) and take a QB early in the draft rather than pay big for a guy who could conceivably not be allowed to play football again. The allegations against Watson, if true, are terrible and should result in him being banned from the sport. In such a case, the team trading for him would be out the draft picks, the opportunities they would have created AND very likely be sitting on contracted dead money against the cap for years to come. 

Yeah, let someone else take a chance on that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean what are they suppose to say? I don’t really want him here, but there is definitely baggage that comes with whoever trades for him..,

It's actually logical though. 

Like I mentioned above, I'm not used to saying that when it comes to the Texans. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Current management has no other choice than to stay the course. Staying the course got them to this mess. They gotta ride this thing into the ground now.

And what if the league suspends him indefinitely? I know the chances are slim to none, but just for arguments sake. Would the Texans be willing to give back those picks because they know he's going to be playing the next 10 years. Of course not. The only thing the Texans are sure of is someone is going to be desperate and possibly bail them out of a huge bind. I hope it isn't us. 

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And what if the league suspends him indefinitely? I know the chances are slim to none, but just for arguments sake. Would the Texans be willing to give back those picks because they know he's going to be playing the next 10 years. Of course not. The only thing the Texans are sure of is someone is going to be desperate and possibly bail them out of a huge bind. I hope it isn't us. 

If rape is on the table (bad choice of words) he could give a warden 10 years.

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

They know they're still holding this bad hand because they didn't honor his initial trade request. Had they done so, some other team (quite possibly us) would be sitting there with a franchise QB potentially facing serious legal issues, a possibly irreparable public image, and a probably lengthy suspension (if the potential legal issues don't land him in prison). They would be HUGE winners. Instead, by playing hardball they're currently holding a bad hand and so they have two choices: 

1. Cut bait, trade him for whatever they could get (IF the league would even approve a trade right now) with the trade haul confirming what a bad call they made playing hardball.

2. Continue to play hardball and hope the situation improves creating a better trade scenario for them.

We'll see how it plays out, but all indications are they're gonna go #2. Pun fully intended.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They know they're still holding this bad hand because they didn't honor his initial trade request. Had they done so, some other team (quite possibly us) would be sitting there with a franchise QB potentially facing serious legal issues, a possibly irreparable public image, and a probably lengthy suspension (if the potential legal issues don't land him in prison). They would be HUGE winners. Instead, by playing hardball they're currently holding a bad hand and so they have two choices: 

1. Cut bait, trade him for whatever they could get (IF the league would even approve a trade right now) with the trade haul confirming what a bad call they made playing hardball.

2. Continue to play hardball and hope the situation improves creating a better trade scenario for them.

We'll see how it plays out, but all indications are they're gonna go #2. Pun fully intended.

I thought of Kenny Rogers' song The Gambler when reading your post. 

I can see Tepper singing that tune.