• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There is no way in hell I would offer a trade package like that...for anybody

Sure as sh-t not for a guy with major red flags. 

You might not but seeing what the hypotheticals were before this lines up. Obviously I went overboard and don’t see it happening but there has been worse. If he is not in jail, same as Trevor Bauer anything we hear or read about the situation is manufactured “red flags” until the truth comes out. Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t and in this case we will see in time what the closest version of the truth is.

No chance this is coming from or being "signaled" by the Texans...

...these "leaks" are straight outta Watson's camp LOL.

The Texans have an ironclad contract with Watson and I believe they intend to force him to honor his side if he wants to ever collect another NFL paycheck.

I'm curious, why did Watson report?  

How does that help his negotiating position?

Thought he was already really rich and doesn't need the money?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1.  Cut bait, trade him for whatever they could get (IF the league would even approve a trade right now) with the trade haul confirming what a bad call they made playing hardball.

2. Continue to play hardball and hope the situation improves creating a better trade scenario for them.

3.  Force him to make the decision between honoring the terms of his contract, or, retire. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

"If I'm Scott Fitterer, I'm keeping my draft picks, I'm keeping my young stars, and I'm letting Sam Darnold have a chance to prove he can be the starting quarterback in Carolina for years to come. If he fails, so be it. At least you keep your future in tact by not trading an absurd amount of picks or special talents like Brian Burns, Christian McCaffrey, Jeremy Chinn, or others."

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/should-the-panthers-trade-for-watson-or-stick-with-darnold

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

No chance this is coming from or being "signaled" by the Texans...

...these "leaks" are straight outta Watson's camp LOL.

The Texans have an ironclad contract with Watson and I believe they intend to force him to honor his side if he wants to ever collect another NFL paycheck.

I'm curious, why did Watson report?  

How does that help his negotiating position?

Thought he was already really rich and doesn't need the money?

He's gotta keep that settlement money coming in. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

yep.  and things have gotten super duper quiet in regards to the Watson saga.   Which is odd given who the attorney involved is.  

2 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

We are one of the teams that consistently keep popping back up in all this.  

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  All I know is that if they do somehow swing this, I hope we somehow manager to keep Brown, Burns, Chinn, Moore and CMC.  Can't neuter the core of this young team to land Watson.  Although I guess 3 1sts and whatever else it takes will do that by itself.  

Since we now have Sam, I am of the mind to just hold tight this year and see what we have with him.  He only cost a 2nd.  

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yep and the endorsement income has dried up.  

An entourage can 🔥 a pile of cash real fast...

...not to mention the legal feels, Rusty Hardin requires a $1,000,000 retainer just to get started.  

The pressure is on...