• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to expect this week from the Panthers

Zod

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It probably won't be until closer to the end of camp, but I'll be nervous every day we're practicing on the far fields. It seems like we lose someone to an ACL every year on that practice field.

I was there the day a safety broke his hip bone in TC.  You could literally hear it snap.  The screaming was heart-wrenching. It was Charles Godfrey or Dion Grant, I can't remember...

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It probably won't be until closer to the end of camp, but I'll be nervous every day we're practicing on the far fields. It seems like we lose someone to an ACL every year on that practice field.

I'm not 100% certain they will be practicing anywhere but Gibbs stadium this year. Not sure. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I was there in the 2016 training camp when TD and Ryan were going at it in a drill and Kalil hurt his shoulder. Outside of my posting about it, I don’t remember much news on it. That was the start of the end for him. He missed 18 games in 2016/2017 and gutted out 2018 before finishing missing 9 games in his last year. That was the start of the OL injury fest of 2016. I knew it was bad because Kalil was off by himself with the trainer on the far field and TD ran over to check on him again after a bit. I think he missed the rest of the pre-season and started week 1, but only made it 6 full weeks and then played 1 more partial game.

I looked it up; it was Grant back in rookie season in 2000.  They thought he would never play another down in football. Luckily he made it a back and had a decent career playing for several different teams. 

Yeah, training camp injuries suck and we are due for one or more every camp; one of which is usually a starter.  KK was last year.  Ryan had a pretty clean injury history until then and was never the same afterwards.

• Pie 2