• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A.J. Bouye getting comfortable being the old guy

"

They had one starting-caliber corner in Donte Jackson, and if Bouye's arrival was the last of the key additions to the secondary, they'd have still been better than they were a year ago. (Bouye) was a second-team All-Pro pick in 2017, so it hasn't been that long since he was considered one of the best cover men in the league....

While (Bouye) had success playing outside, he's smart enough to play in the slot, where they could maximize the skills of Jackson and Horn. That's not an inconsequential move. While the slot corner is often considered the "third guy," it's not nearly the third-most-complicated role to play.,,,

Bouye has also taken on the role of teacher, and the Panthers have been extremely pleased with how quickly he's taken to that part of the job...

"I want to be the guy who is watching in five years, and sees an All-Pro cornerback out there, collecting all those honors. He can do that. If I can do anything to help him get there, that's my job now."

"

• Beer 1

Bouye seems to be fitting in but interesting that he said he had no idea about being the slot until Horn was drafted. I guess that’s common considering he wasn’t exactly a marquee FA but it was an interesting comment. Hopefully, he fits well in the slot.

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

We have never been this stacked at CB (all of the sudden).  Jackson, Horn, Bouye, Taylor, Melvin, Pride- that is solid.

It’s all around Horn. For where we picked him, he’s got the chance to be elite. If he is then we are solid. Jackson is a wild card, but he seemed to be playing better. Bouye hasn’t been good the pst two years and the rest are who knows. It all hinges on Horn and the nice thing is that this year isn’t a big deal, next year is bigger and hopefully either Taylor looks good or we extend Jackson.

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s all around Horn. For where we picked him, he’s got the chance to be elite. If he is then we are solid. Jackson is a wild card, but he seemed to be playing better. Bouye hasn’t been good the pst two years and the rest are who knows. It all hinges on Horn and the nice thing is that this year isn’t a big deal, next year is bigger and hopefully either Taylor looks good or we extend Jackson.

As to Jackson. I think he low key had a great year last year. We never heard him complain. He used "We" a whole lot. We never saw him pout. When he could play, he played well. And Snow praised him late in the season for trying to help the kids.

That is all on the Coaching. He bought in, and it showed. 

I expect him to have a great year. He is too competitive to let Horn come in and be the man. Those two will be pushing each other all year. And maybe for future years.

Man, with Jackson, Horn, Booyah, and Chinn. We are one S away from being elite.