• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton or Samuel.... would you change who got Tepper's bag?

TheBigKat

9 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Samuel is (dare I say it) overrated. He reminded me of Philly Brown, if Brown had put on muscles and was a tad quicker.

This team has not had a starting tackle (left or right) since the departure of Jordan Gross.

So, paying a guy that was behind two 1,000 yard receivers make little to no sense in comparison.

Philly brown??? Come on bro... Samuel was making plays brown couldn't even dream of making..running the ball and making impacts just stop it..

• Pie 1

Loved Samuel and loved to see him do well last year and get paid.  However, can't always trust contract year production. He was largely a potential guy until it was time to cash in.  Moton on the other hand, consistency and good to great play at a more premium position all day every day. 

1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Interesting factoid, when he played for the Panthers many referred to him as Samuels and then the wrath of the internet was laid upon them.    Now that he is no longer a Panther everyone gets the name right.
Confusing but entertaining nonetheless.

Oh Samuels now I know him.😂

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's Moton easily. I liked Samuel but it's a damn shame it took so long to figure out how to use him. I know Ron was a defensive guy but man, you would think he would have learned something having to plan around gadget players. 

You would think a Defensive Coach, who has to game plan against guys like that, would say "You know, I gotta get me one of those".

11 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Loved Samuel and loved to see him do well last year and get paid.  However, can't always trust contract year production. He was largely a potential guy until it was time to cash in.  Moton on the other hand, consistency and good to great play at a more premium position all day every day. 

Curtis did get better every year. So it could have been more than just a Contract year. Maybe it was just growth.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You would think a Defensive Coach, who has to game plan against guys like that, would say "You know, I gotta get me one of those".

Kinda like having a corvette in the garage but always driving your 1990 Ford Taurus because it's always gotten you from point A to point B and it's not like you drive over 65 anyway. 

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Kinda like having a corvette in the garage but always driving your 1990 Ford Taurus because it's always gotten you from point A to point B and it's not like you drive over 65 anyway. 

Change out that Vette for a Mustang, and I get what you're putting down. It's why I don't let the wife drive mine. It's a Sports Car. Drive it as such. My favorite driving game is to use the brake as little as possible. I think that's why I am usually driving alone. I've had some crazy reactions when folks get out of my car.

Edit to add; Sorry about the tangent. It happens.

Edited by iamhubby1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:55 AM, TheBigKat said:

Before FA there was a fair amount on board of prioritizing Samuel over Moton

No there wasn't.

I'm the biggest Samuel stan on here and still think we should've resigned him.

But, not over Moton. That's ludicrous!