• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Pat Elflein?

SBBlue

15 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Reed is playing on a 1 yr, 1.1M contract with 137K guaranteed at the Colts.

Looks like Elflein played well at center his rookie year.  Not so much year 2.

Again stars didnt align and panthers already had a look at Reed..... they MUCH preferred Elf. I like Reed over Elf with even salaries......but need to see how this wide zone system operates.  About the only thing I liked about Elf was he is able to pull very well, also did well out in "space" while in motion. 

Edited by Basbear

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

Again stars didnt align and panthers already had a look at Reed..... they MUCH preferred Elf. I like Reed over Elf with even salaries......but need to see how this wide zone system operates.  About the only thing I liked about Elf was he is able to pull very well, also did well out in "space" while in motion. 

So many things fall into judging linemen, scheme, who's lined up beside them, etc. BUT, when I was watching Darnold film from last year, Elflien passed the eye test as a good guard IMO.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1