• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Sam Darnold, it's time to focus on the next small thing

"I thought Sam did a really nice job throughout the spring," Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer said. "You walk into the office at 7 a.m. and he's in there lifting weights. He's in there watching tape. Even on the players' day off I see him; he's walking out of the shower. I think just through his actions, he's shown a lot of leadership."

Is it just me or does this imply that Sammy Boy is leading with Big dick energy?

• The D 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Is it just me or does this imply that Sammy Boy is leading with Big dick energy?

You could be correct but I read it slightly differently from you. I took it to mean he takes REALLY long showers. Like overnight showers. That Charlotte condo with half a sofa must not have a good shower or something.

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think he's really energized to prove that he is far better than how the circumstances in NY reflected on him, and he knows this is likely his only real chance to do that. If not now, it's journeyman/backup QB city for him. If not here and now, it would take a lucky break/injury to come back. He better be ready to go, because this is his chance to stick as a starter in this league.

9 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

You could be correct but I read it slightly differently from you. I took it to mean he takes REALLY long showers. Like overnight showers. That Charlotte condo with half a sofa must not have a good shower or something.

He did receive the other half, so that ain't it. That still doesn't explain those long showers?

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

I am so relieved to know our presumptive starting QB finally has a complete sofa.

You know why this was such a hot topic right? Cuz we demand answers. And what do you know? We got em.

• Pie 3

"

"Going into this training camp, the whole idea is to get better every single day," Darnold said Tuesday as he reported to Wofford College. "And that's where my mind's at every single day. 

"I mean, it is what you make of it," Darnold said. "Anyone outside looking in can say, 'Oh, there's pressure on him he's got to win,' and that's true. But at the end of the day, it's just me going out there and doing everything I can do to get better. "

"I thought Sam did a really nice job throughout the spring," Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer said. "You walk into the office at 7 a.m. and he's in there lifting weights. He's in there watching tape. Even on the players' day off I see him; he's walking out of the shower. I think just through his actions, he's shown a lot of leadership."

"When you put the pads on, it starts to get real, and you visualize that first week and winning the first game," (Darnold) said. "The fact it's the Jets, that's just a coincidence, but that's never changed for me. It's the next opponent for us. That's my mindset."

And at the end of the day making smart decisions on the field and leading my team down the field and scoring touchdowns is my job."

"

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

"

"Going into this training camp, the whole idea is to get better every single day," Darnold said Tuesday as he reported to Wofford College. "And that's where my mind's at every single day. 

"I mean, it is what you make of it," Darnold said. "Anyone outside looking in can say, 'Oh, there's pressure on him he's got to win,' and that's true. But at the end of the day, it's just me going out there and doing everything I can do to get better. "

"When you put the pads on, it starts to get real, and you visualize that first week and winning the first game," (Darnold) said. "The fact it's the Jets, that's just a coincidence, but that's never changed for me. It's the next opponent for us. That's my mindset."

And at the end of the day making smart decisions on the field and leading my team down the field and scoring touchdowns is my job."

"

My heart says this kid gets it. This gon be good.

My head says this kid gets it. This is going to be good.

By unanimous decision. This kid gets it. This is gonna work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1